Watch This Now!

315 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
By DevilMind007, Senior Member on 15th September 2015, 02:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Option to Export app settings and Layout Setting in XML format should be a standard on all apps. Current Apps such as MX Video Player and Nova Launcher allow this, in Titanium Backup we can Export and Import Call Logs, SMS and WiFi Saved Passwords in XML.

Also If all apps that allow this via a single setting MENU export/import on ANDROID Setting it will be AWESOME.

Why need this? You can backup your Whole App with Titanium Backup.

Answer Short:
Just have Export and Import SETTING or Export and Import PROFILES in XML format (or whatever file extension you like) in ALL your Apps. PLEASE NOTE a Note should appear when importing and exporting that, YOUR PASSWORD OR LOCK SETTING WILL NOT BE EXPORTED. This is a great feature on ALL Phones because ROOT is not required for this, and not everyone has ROOTED phone.

Answer Long:
1st of All Not Everyone has ROOTED phone. When install app on my mobile to update setting, I should have ability to See a Trebuchet Launcher (CynogenMod Launcher) App Drawer and Desktop Layout previous backups by date.
And if my friend or family wants same launcher with same look or settings i can do is simply Export XML then Bluetooth the file to the Person and import XML file in settings. THIS SAVES 15-20 Minutes on SETTING UP EACH APP every time.
Even Titanium Backup export/import Call Log, SMS and Wifi. BUT it DOES NOT export/import its own settings and Filter which is very sad.

FOR EXAMPLE it took me only 5 secs to export, then Bluetooth then import MX Video Player, Nova Launcher, Smart Keyboard and some other apps settings for my brother and for a friend in to their mobile. No ROOTED Phone Needed.
While to setup others Apps such as Rocket Music Player, Google Keyboard, Zeam Launcher and every other app took me several minutes (hours or whole day you can say).

So it is very easy to search Play Store and Download the Apps, but it is very hard and time consuming to Setup apps. Not Everyone has ROOTED Phone and Not Everyone knows how to setup an app, common person searches for a Tech Expert to setup an App but not every Tech Person has Time to go look into remember and match setting what they have in their own phones. Got my Point?

thanks awaiting you response.
Last edited by DevilMind007; 15th September 2015 at 03:38 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

cynogenmod 12, export, feature request, request, setting
Previous Thread Next Thread