[GUIDE]Easiest way to Change background in Settings, Contacts, Messages.. in Xperia

Search This thread

RavinduSha

Note: Your phone must be rooted to do this

I haven't tested this on any other phones. You can test it and post your results here.

Get the DefaultThemes.apk from system/app directory.
Open this apk on your pc using winrar.
Goto res/drawable-mdpi (or hdpi) folder.
Select your favourite theme (ex: blue, green.. etc)
Open the png file corresponding to that colour. If you select blue, it will be "blue_application_background.png".
Edit it according to your wish.
Then save it.
You will get a message from winrar to update the files in the archive. Press YES.
That's it!!
Now put the apk back in your phone and change the permissions to rw-r--r--

No need to restart. Goto your settings and you will see your picture on the background.

Note:
**drawable-land-mdpi folder contains the files that is being used when you are in landscape mode. You need to replace them also.

**Make sure that you are using image files according to your device's resolution.

**Replace more application background files to get different pictures for different themes.

**Use pictures with low brightness (your texts are in white colour right?)

****** Always keep a backup before testing

Hit Thanks if I helped you. It only takes 1 second ;)

hllcglr

Jun 12, 2012
Bursa
can we change stock msg bubles color? (galaxy s2 stock jb msg bubles colors are like ancient)

RavinduSha

can we change stock msg bubles color? (galaxy s2 stock jb msg bubles colors are like ancient)

try replacing this image files in conversations.apk/res/drawable-hdpi

conv_receive_bubble.9.png
conv_receive_bubble_focused.9.png
conv_receive_bubble_pressed.9.png

conv_sent_bubble.9.png
conv_sent_bubble_focused.9.png
conv_sent_bubble_pressed.9.png

I haven't tested this. Try it at your own risk.

Hit thanks if I helped you :)

ciubexx

Dec 28, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
Xiaomi Mi 10
Xiaomi 12
RavinduSha, thank you very much for the tip!

I add some advice, for a full compatibility between portrait and landscape mode, the user should make same changes on res\drawable-land-mdpi or (res\drawable-land-hdpi) ( * -land- * ) where are the landscape backgrounds.

Another thing:
Files:
res\drawable-hdpi\?????_preview_focused.jpg
res\drawable-hdpi\?????_preview_normal.jpg

Are used on the preview, so the user, if have time can change those files to reflect his customized theme.

Last edited:
Reactions: RavinduSha

RavinduSha

I add some advice, for a full compatibility between portrait and landscape mode, the user should make same changes on res\drawable-land-mdpi or (res\drawable-land-hdpi) ( * -land- * ) where are the landscape backgrounds.

Another thing:
Files:

Are used on the preview, so the user, if have time can change those files to reflect his customized theme.

Thanks! I just posted only the basic things. Thought if someone read this post they would be able to figure out others things themselves.

aoshimuda

May 20, 2013
surabaya
help me

can anybody help me to teach and make the background transparent setting and conversations.apk in in xperia go

:D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: Your phone must be rooted to do this

I haven't tested this on any other phones. You can test it and post your results here.

Get the DefaultThemes.apk from system/app directory.
    Open this apk on your pc using winrar.
    Goto res/drawable-mdpi (or hdpi) folder.
    Select your favourite theme (ex: blue, green.. etc)
    Open the png file corresponding to that colour. If you select blue, it will be "blue_application_background.png".
    Edit it according to your wish.
    Then save it.
    You will get a message from winrar to update the files in the archive. Press YES.
    That's it!!
    Now put the apk back in your phone and change the permissions to rw-r--r--

No need to restart. Goto your settings and you will see your picture on the background.

Note:
    **drawable-land-mdpi folder contains the files that is being used when you are in landscape mode. You need to replace them also.

**Make sure that you are using image files according to your device's resolution.

**Replace more application background files to get different pictures for different themes.

**Use pictures with low brightness (your texts are in white colour right?)

****** Always keep a backup before testing

Hit Thanks if I helped you. It only takes 1 second ;)
    If you have any questions regarding this Post it in HERE.
    try this folders

/system/vendor/framework/

or

/system/vendor/framework/overlay
    good work bro :)

Another thing:
    Files: