[FONTS][5.x.x] Quality Flashable Font Zips [26/Sep]

Search This thread

Redsaph

Feb 12, 2009
Philippines

INFO
All the .zip files in this thread are free and will replace all the default Roboto fonts in your device. Root is required before proceeding. These zips have been tested to work on my stock 5.1.1 first-gen Nexus 7. These *should* work on any Lollipop-running devices. There are no lockscreen bugs for these zips! If you do find an error, please comment below and I'll get right on it ASAP :)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click on Download beside the font name to download
  2. Reboot your device into Recovery mode
  3. Flash the zip file
  4. Reboot into system!

REVERT TO ROBOTO
Click on this link to download the original Roboto redesigned for Lollipop.
Credits to gianton for uploading this.

REQUESTS
I'll slowly add requested fonts, as long as they follow my set guidelines:

1. They haven't been done to flashable zips by anyone else
  2. They are known to have, at minimum, the following weights: Light, Regular, Medium/Semibold, Bold (more weights the better!)
  3. All weights must have their respective italic/oblique styles.
I'd prefer if you guys would choose something from the more famous foundries, but that's fine. XD Also if you have the files with you at hand, please PM them to me separately and as much as possible have them in TTF files. OTF is fine but conversion tends to ruin stuff.

----------------------- FONTS -----------------------

San Francisco Compact | DOWNLOAD V3 > PERFECT LOCKSCREEN COLONS
USED IN APPLE WATCHOS
** I've accidentally deleted the screenshots. I'm working to get them up soon.

Helvetica Neue | DOWNLOAD V3 > PERFECT LOCKSCREEN COLONS
USED EVERYWHERE, MAC OS X YOSEMITE, iOS 7 & 8

Proxima Nova | DOWNLOAD V2 > PERFECT LOCKSCREEN COLONS
USED IN SPOTIFY, BUZZFEED CONTENT

Frutiger | DOWNLOAD V2 > PERFECT LOCKSCREEN COLONS
USED IN FLICKR LOGO, VARIOUS AIRPORT SIGNAGES; SEGOE UI'S FATHER

San Francisco UI | New DOWNLOAD V1 > PERFECT LOCKSCREEN COLONS
USED IN OS X EL CAPITAN, IOS 9

More coming soon :p

Last edited:

r47z

Apr 16, 2010
Any chance of having this as a CM12 APK theme engine as well ?

Redsaph

Feb 12, 2009
Philippines
Could you add the "Text" variant of the San Francisco font, please?

The "Display" variant works fine but i'd like to give the Text one a try

Hi! I can't find a text variant that looks proper. If we're talking about the San Francisco Compact and SF, I'll see what I can dig up :)

Any chance of having this as a CM12 APK theme engine as well ?

Nope, sorry. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Forums

dylanraga

Jun 19, 2014
Hi! I can't find a text variant that looks proper. If we're talking about the San Francisco Compact and SF, I'll see what I can dig up :)

I have the original SF otf fonts, both UI & Compact with their respective display, text, and rounded variants. You should have used UI Display in your SF font, as imo it looks way better than compact for a phone. I use Compact as my condensed font.

By themselves, the fonts aren't very practical to use. The UI Display variant's letter-spacing is too small in smaller types, while UI Text's letter-spacing is too wide.

What Apple does is the font's characteristics change depending on the type. The default font is UI Text. For fonts larger than 19pt, the system swaps the typeface to the Display variant.

The tracking is also size-specific, which they don't do by themselves and have to be modified by the system. If we want to use the font without modifying them, we have to live with the non-standard tracking on them.

edit: i decided to use San Francisco UI Text again and scaled the letterspacing down to San Francisco's standards on my system. I also changed any styles that use sizes larger than 20sp to use the display variant along with a scaling larger letterspacing along with enabling the discretionary ligature.

Last edited:
Reactions: neonixxx

Redsaph

Feb 12, 2009
Philippines
I have the original SF otf fonts, both UI & Compact with their respective display, text, and rounded variants. You should have used UI Display in your SF font, as imo it looks way better than compact for a phone. I use Compact as my condensed font.

Hi, do you mind sharing both UI and Compact styles with me? I'd love to update the SF I've offered here. ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INFO
    All the .zip files in this thread are free and will replace all the default Roboto fonts in your device. Root is required before proceeding. These zips have been tested to work on my stock 5.1.1 first-gen Nexus 7. These *should* work on any Lollipop-running devices. There are no lockscreen bugs for these zips! If you do find an error, please comment below and I'll get right on it ASAP :)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click on Download beside the font name to download
    2. Reboot your device into Recovery mode
    3. Flash the zip file
    4. Reboot into system!

REVERT TO ROBOTO

REQUESTS

1. They haven't been done to flashable zips by anyone else
    2. They are known to have, at minimum, the following weights: Light, Regular, Medium/Semibold, Bold (more weights the better!)
    3. All weights must have their respective italic/oblique styles.
    I'd prefer if you guys would choose something from the more famous foundries, but that's fine. XD Also if you have the files with you at hand, please PM them to me separately and as much as possible have them in TTF files. OTF is fine but conversion tends to ruin stuff.

San Francisco Compact | DOWNLOAD V3 > PERFECT LOCKSCREEN COLONS
    USED IN APPLE WATCHOS

Added San Francisco UI Text! Enjoy :)
    INFO

INSTRUCTIONS

Click on Download beside the font name to download
    Reboot your device into Recovery mode
    Flash the zip file
    Reboot into system!

REVERT TO ROBOTO

REQUESTS

They haven't been done to flashable zips by anyone else
    They are known to have, at minimum, the following weights: Light, Regular, Medium/Semibold, Bold (more weights the better!)

All weights must have their respective italic/oblique styles.

San Francisco Compact | DOWNLOAD V3> PERFECT LOCKSCREEN COLONS
    USED IN APPLE WATCHOS

Have you got font like pitch black theme ? Tq

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using XDA Labs