[Discussion] How Google's version of android got inspired from HTC Sense

3rd September 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23

37 posts
HTC Sense has been making android beautiful since beginning. Those who have used or felt Sense will surely agree with me.

For those who are new , HTC Sense is the custom skin applied to android by HTC in its devices. There has been quite a lot of changes in it since beginning which was at par with the changing versions of android. And you may have observed that some of the features present in these devices were way ahead than that of other android devices. Sense not only beautifies android but makes it much more usable. (try adding widgets/apps on homescreen in HTC One and then try the same in Nexus 5 or galaxy S5).

Android Evolution

HTC Sense Evolution

So, I found few observations and felt like discussing with the community

HTC Sense 4 (with android 4.0) introduced transparent status bar and HTC Sense 5 (with android 4.1) used Roboto Condensed as system font.
Google included both these features in kitkat, Android 4.4 saw transparent status bar and use of Roboto Condensed as system font.

Now when Sense 6 came, it focused on more clean design with the use of a lot of colors. Matching app's color to the status bar was also introduced. You can notice both the use of rich colors in material design and app accent color in soon to be released Android L.

(I also noticed these features in the recent ASUS Zen UI and in the leaked screenshots of MIUI V6.)

Can't figure out what would be in Sense 7 that will again set a design language.

Have you noticed any observations like these? Comment on the thread.
3rd September 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 52

259 posts
Is this sarcasm? an article from The Onion?
Last edited by MidtownHD; 3rd September 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android l, htc sense, material design
Previous Thread Next Thread