FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kustom][Official] Kustom Komponents

329 posts
Thanks Meter: 315

By frankmonza, Senior Member on 2nd November 2014, 06:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Kustom Live Wallpaper (KLWP) is the most powerful HD Wallpaper creator ever! KWGT is Widget creator counterpart. Use their awesome WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to create you own design and display any data you need, at once, and with wonderful animations too (KLWP only)! If you need more info or have questions please use these thread:

Please use this thread to share Kustom Komponents WIPs, Kustom Komponent Screens or links to free Kustom Komponents (komp.zip files)

Komponents are basically presets inside a preset or reusable items, so a way in Kustom to create your own redistributable object. So, for example, let's say you want to create a clock but hide the complexity to the user and enable him to just set the color and the font in use, well, Komponents will do exactly that!

Material Clock Komponent sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvJwPQeTNc
Signal Bar Komponent tutorial: http://kustom.uservoice.com/knowledg...rticles/434600

Quick reference, how to create a komponent
  • Open a preset, press "+" on top right to add a new module
  • Select Komponent -> New Skin
  • Create your Komponent possibly using "globals" (for globals check http://kustom.uservoice.com/knowledg...to-use-globals)
  • Export the Komponent pressing the "export" icon on top bar
  • Go in your SD card under "Kustom/Komponents"
  • Share the file "komp.zip" as it is

How to use a Komponent
  • Copy the "komp.zip" file as it is in the SD card under "Kustom/Komponents"
  • Open a preset, press "+" on top right to add a new module
  • Select Komponent -> SD Card and browse for the desired Komponent

Weather Komponents
Since weather komponents are quite a common need i have attached an example one to start with so you can create a new one very very quickly. There are 2 ways to do that:

From PC:
  • Open the attached komp.zip file
  • Replace all the images in the "Bitmaps" folders keeping the same names
  • Save the Zip
  • Done!! If you want also to change title / author either edit the "preset.json" file in the zip or import export as instructions below
From the device:
  • Add the Komponent from your SD card
  • Go inside the Komponent and Inside the "Bitmap Group" with the Advanced Editor
  • Pick a new image for every state listed (so enter the image, press "pick image" and choose the corresponding image)
  • Export with your details / name / description
  • Done!
Attached Files
File Type: zip WeatherIconImage.komp.zip - [Click for QR Code] (625.5 KB, 1774 views)
File Type: zip WeatherFlatSVG.komp.zip - [Click for QR Code] (465.0 KB, 1010 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to frankmonza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frankmonza Ad-Free

2nd November 2014, 06:11 PM |#2  
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 817

More
Welcome everyone! Show us what you've made!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottx . For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottx . Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 08:17 PM |#3  
Tampa
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Baseline Komponent for the creation of Weather Iconsets
This komponent should be available to all of you in the next update, but if you want it now have at it in the link below.

So this is a fairly straight forward iconset using the well know Climacons glyph set.
There are several reasons I built and released this as an unlocked, free, Komponent.

1st. You can use this as a base to create your own LOCKED/Paid Komponent APKs. You still have to do a bit of work, but all of the code base is already in place for making the right icon show.
2nd. The globals here give you some ideas on what you should be including with your iconset Komponents. Just having a font is OK, but having other stuff like background shapes is better.
3. This is FAR easier to handle in terms of creating weather layouts. You no longer need to go into the code and change wi(icon) to wf(icon, #) for every single icon you have in your forecast list.
Simply add the Komponent, and choose from the DAY dropdown list which you want, Current or Forecast#, the code takes care of the rest.

List of Globals
*Day* (list) - Choose current or forecast day number
*Iconset* (font) Change the icons the Komponent uses easily
*Icon* (color) - Changes the color of the weather icon
*IconSize* (number) Change the size of the weather icon relative to BG
*Outline* (toggle) Change icon to an outline
*Stroke* (number) Change the width of the outline.
*BGStyle* (list) Change background shape (off, square, Circle, Exagon)
*BG* (color) Change the color of the backgroud shape
*Corners* (number) adjust the corner roundness on the BG shape.

Please remember that if you change the font used, you do HAVE TO go into the "Weather Icon" text layer and change the formula to reflect with characters your icons are assigned to.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Weather_Climacons.komp.zip - [Click for QR Code] (21.6 KB, 1671 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ritalin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ritalin Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 08:19 PM |#4  
Tampa

More
Saved for a How-To on editing the code for your own font.
Coming soon.
2nd November 2014, 09:03 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 7,225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalin

This komponent should be available to all of you in the next update, but if you want it now have at it in the link below.

Please remember that if you change the font used, you do HAVE TO go into the "Weather Icon" text layer and change the formula to reflect with characters your icons are assigned to.

Very basic question I know, but how do I install this? I can't find which folder to place it in...
2nd November 2014, 09:07 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather

Very basic question I know, but how do I install this? I can't find which folder to place it in...

Please check post on top, just copy it in the SD card under "Kustom/komponents" (the directory should already be there), then you can add it in the editor as you add a shape or text, just select Komponent -> SD card and browse for this. Since that Komponent is unlocked you will start in simple mode (you will see the tunable options only) but if you want to edit the komponent you can just "unlock" it and see the internals.
The Following User Says Thank You to frankmonza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frankmonza Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 09:10 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 7,225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmonza

Please check post on top, just copy it in the SD card under "Kustom/komponents" (the directory should already be there), then you can add it in the editor as you add a shape or text, just select Komponent -> SD card and browse for this. Since that Komponent is unlocked you will start in simple mode (you will see the tunable options only) but if you want to edit the komponent you can just "unlock" it and see the internals.

Thanks but precisely the problem is that I don't see a folder called Komponents. I have bitmaps, wallpapers and fonts. That's it.?

Edit: OK, never mind, I just created it...
2nd November 2014, 09:19 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather

Thanks but precisely the problem is that I don't see a folder called Komponents. I have bitmaps, wallpapers and fonts. That's it.?

Ooops! The "komponents" folder is not created automatically. I have fixed this on next version, you will have to create it manually this time or just try adding a komponent, select SD card, it will show an empty list but create the folder. Thanks for reporting!!
The Following User Says Thank You to frankmonza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frankmonza Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 10:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Changing weather images

Download Komponent: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g45gl7ac9a....komp.zip?dl=0
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cjeetje63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cjeetje63 Ad-Free
3rd November 2014, 12:19 AM |#10  
Flag Gulfport, Ms
Thanks Meter: 357

More
Haven't been on Xda as much lately but glad you started this Frank!

Thx!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JNMEATON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JNMEATON Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 02:57 AM |#11  
Tampa

More
New Premium Weather Komponent
Soft Elements

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.softelements

This is the first of many weather iconset komponents, I will be releasing.

This Komponent takes the "Kitchen Sink" approach to its design. Thats to say that there are a large number of GLOBALS, to allow you to take my icon design and make it your own. All in all there are 30 globals for customization. Allowing you to change everything from the size of the icon, its color, its design, to the shape, color and other special characteristics of background shapes.
*LIST OF GLOBALS:*
Code:
*ICON GLOBALS*
1. Day 
2. Icon Color
3. Icon Rendering Mode
4. Icon Size
5. Outline (Fill, Outline, Combined
6. Stroke Width
7. Stoke Color
8. Stroke Rendering Mode

*BACKGROUND SHAPE GLOBALS*
1. Shape Style (NONE, Square, Circle, Exagon)
2. Corner rounding
3. Background Color
4. Background Gradient Type
5. Gradient color
6. Gradient Width
7. Gradient Offset
8. Gradient Center X
9. Gradient Center Y
10. Shadow On/Off
11. Shadow Blur
12. Shadow Direction
13. Shadow Distance
14. Shadow Color

*BACKGROUND SHAPE BORDER GLOBALS*
1. Border On/Off
2. Stroke Width
3. Stroke Color
4. Stroke Gradient Type 
5. Stroke Gradient Color
6. Stroke Gradient Width
7. Stroke Gradient Offset
8. Stroke Gradient Center X
9. Stroke Gradient Center Y
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ritalin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ritalin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customization, komponents, kustom, skin

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)