[Kustom][Official] Kustom Komponents

Search This thread

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Hi Frank! First I want to thank you for this masterpiece, one of the best apps I've used on android. I just have one question. Is changing weather icons available only in paid version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

You can change the icons of a Komponent by "unlocking" the weather komponent and changing the icons one by one by selecting the appropriate bitmaps and then save however you will not be able to export the komponent or load any komponent made by others without PRO, so its kind of tricky.

Reactions: macanovic88

brekane

Aug 31, 2014
Vicenza
jKrZgFu.jpg

Flexycon! Feel free to use :D

DOWNLOAD: HERE

backslashV

Aug 24, 2009
Kustom Live Wallpaper (KLWP) is the most powerful HD Wallpaper creator ever! Use its awesome WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to create you own design and display any data you need, at once, and with wonderful animations too! If you need more info or have questions please use this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/andr...6#post56245406

Frank, I am getting source file not readable error when I try to import the modified SVG weather komponent. Need your help!

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Frank, I am getting source file not readable error when I try to import the modified SVG weather komponent. Need your help!

Please check the following:
  • Zip is not corrupted
  • The komponent.json file is in the ROOT of the zip file, not in a directory within

P.S. please do not cross post / email if possible :)

youhim

May 21, 2013
I can not install any component of this thread. When trying to select a file, a message appears: "source file not readable". What can be done?
(Sorry for Google translator)

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
I can not install any component of this thread. When trying to select a file, a message appears: "source file not readable". What can be done?
(Sorry for Google translator)

Are you sure zip did not get corrupted? You do not need to unzip it, just import as it is. Can you give an example of something you are not able to import?

youhim

May 21, 2013
Are you sure zip did not get corrupted? You do not need to unzip it, just import as it is. Can you give an example of something you are not able to import?
Sorry. Everything is working. I was confused message "source file not readable". But if you go to the "Imported", the component is there. Thank you.

z-dima

Sep 26, 2012
Last events Widget

Is it possible to find any sample:

Widget 'Last event' aka 'Action center' - one or two lines
- to show one or two last events, if any

Events to show:

- Missed call
{Contact Foto} {text 'call'} {phone icon} {time}
press item - will open phone

{Contact Foto} {message text} {app icon} {time}
press item - will open certain conversation

- Mail: gmail
{Contact Foto} {message subject} {mail icon} {time}
press item - will open certain message

It could be good to mark as read by right-swipe and delete by left-swipe

1. Is it possible to find any sample to implement it?
2. Is KWGT good for implement it?

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Is it possible to find any sample:

Widget 'Last event' aka 'Action center' - one or two lines
- to show one or two last events, if any

Events to show:

- Missed call
{Contact Foto} {text 'call'} {phone icon} {time}
press item - will open phone

{Contact Foto} {message text} {app icon} {time}
press item - will open certain conversation

- Mail: gmail
{Contact Foto} {message subject} {mail icon} {time}
press item - will open certain message

It could be good to mark as read by right-swipe and delete by left-swipe

1. Is it possible to find any sample to implement it?
2. Is KWGT good for implement it?

You can do this with latest beta (3.08) of both KLWP or KWGT and you can do this in a Komponent. It will work only if those items show in the notifications (so if you have an unread email in the notifications). So, for example, if last notification is from Gmail you can do this

• Contact Photo: $ni(0, bicon)$ as a formula inside a bitmap preference (select the bitmap preference, press calculator and then enter that formula)
  • Subject: $ni(0, text)$
  • Icon: $ni(0, icon)$ again as a formula see above
  • Assign touch event to Open Notification -> 0

Time of the notification is not available yet, i will add it if possible.

Reactions: z-dima

z-dima

Sep 26, 2012
Last events Widget

Thank you for answer,
Could I get notification time?

And I could not get app icon:
It returt path like: '/storage/emulated/Kustom/bitmaps/res/notification_icon/c0' for $ni(0, bicon)$
and '/storage/emulated/Kustom/bitmaps/res/com.android.mms/1230838001' for $ni(0, icon)$
- path the same for different clients for $ni(0, bicon)$

Last edited:

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Thank you for answer,
Could I get notification time?

And I could not get app icon:
It returt path like: '/storage/emulated/Kustom/bitmaps/res/notification_icon/c0' for $ni(0, bicon)$
and '/storage/emulated/Kustom/bitmaps/res/com.android.mms/1230838001' for $ni(0, icon)$
- path the same for different clients for $ni(0, bicon)$

Notification time is not implemented.
The path is ok, its a virtual path, it will change if notification changes. You have to use it in this way:

• Add an Image
  • Select the Bitmap preference (the one with the "pick image" button)
  • Press the calculator on top right
  • Enter that formula
  • Save

As soon as you get a notification it will show the icon. It might not show it immediately in the editor but on screen it has to work. If not let me know, its still beta.

z-dima

Sep 26, 2012
> As soon as you get a notification it will show the icon
No, it does not work ... trying to find any workaround ...

z-dima

Sep 26, 2012
Last events Widget

Send log in PM.
One more issue with email notification - in the notification I could see 'Sender', 'Subject' and 'Recipient email'
But KWGT show just 'Sender' as $ni(0, text)$
and 'Recipient email' as $ni(0, desc)$
- so I could not show email 'Subject'
2. Could you, please, give any advise about layout also -
I use several items (modules) in stack, but if I hide one in the middle - empty space appear
How it is better to organize stack to automatically dock items to top if it is possible?
So no space appear - and one item fill follow after another

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Send log in PM.
One more issue with email notification - in the notification I could see 'Sender', 'Subject' and 'Recipient email'
But KWGT show just 'Sender' as $ni(0, text)$
and 'Recipient email' as $ni(0, desc)$
- so I could not show email 'Subject'
2. Could you, please, give any advise about layout also -
I use several items (modules) in stack, but if I hide one in the middle - empty space appear
How it is better to organize stack to automatically dock items to top if it is possible?
So no space appear - and one item fill follow after another

For 1. that's not easy to fix since that function is generic so different apps shows different data and i need something that mostly works for all
For 2. yeah i need to add a "remove" option to layer visibility so the item is removed from the stack when not visible, currently you might play with the scale option and return 1 when invisible and 100 otherwise so the item will be downscaled to almost zero size

z-dima

Sep 26, 2012
Last events Widget

> different apps shows different data and i need something that mostly works for all
gmail (Inbox) - is common, most used app for android, it could be good if email 'Subject' will be possible to get from notification (notification contains 'Subject')
may be will be possible to add additional parameter for it

> I need to add a "remove" option to layer visibility so the item is removed from the stack when not visible
Thank you a lot!)

I just start with Kustom and like it)
hope to move to Kustom from other widgets after finish some with notifications icons/time/subject/actions
Will it be possible in future to:
- use custom touch actions - swipe up, down, left, right, double touch?
- add scroll to widgets? It could be good to add many stack items and scroll to ones out of the widget size.
- select best weather providers - intellicast and foreca?
- get google tasks information?

I sent Last events widget sample in PM
Thank you!

Last edited:

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
> different apps shows different data and i need something that mostly works for all
gmail (Inbox) - is common, most used app for android, it could be good if email 'Subject' will be possible to get from notification (notification contains 'Subject')
may be will be possible to add additional parameter for it

Hi, in latest version $ni(0, text)$ should return the subject in gmail, point is not that gmail is not common point is that ni() has to function with everything i do not write stuff specific to gmail in the code.

use custom touch actions - swipe up, down, left, right, double touch?
Not on the widget or the live wallpaper, this is not technically feasible right now.

add scroll to widgets? It could be good to add many stack items and scroll to ones out of the widget size
Scroll is not feasible but stacking is possible and i thought about that, i need to find a way to make it feasible from the UI but good idea

select best weather providers - intellicast and foreca?
I can add any provider that has free APIs, those 2 are not free.

get google tasks information?
Google Task does not export that info so its not possible

P.S. latest release also allows to get application name $ni(0, app)$ and the time of the notification

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kustom Live Wallpaper (KLWP) is the most powerful HD Wallpaper creator ever! KWGT is Widget creator counterpart. Use their awesome WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to create you own design and display any data you need, at once, and with wonderful animations too (KLWP only)! If you need more info or have questions please use these thread:

Please use this thread to share Kustom Komponents WIPs, Kustom Komponent Screens or links to free Kustom Komponents (komp.zip files)

Komponents are basically presets inside a preset or reusable items, so a way in Kustom to create your own redistributable object. So, for example, let's say you want to create a clock but hide the complexity to the user and enable him to just set the color and the font in use, well, Komponents will do exactly that!

Material Clock Komponent sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvJwPQeTNc
    Signal Bar Komponent tutorial: http://kustom.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/434600

Quick reference, how to create a komponent

How to use a Komponent
    • Copy the "komp.zip" file as it is in the SD card under "Kustom/Komponents"
    • Open a preset, press "+" on top right to add a new module
    • Select Komponent -> SD Card and browse for the desired Komponent

Weather Komponents
    Since weather komponents are quite a common need i have attached an example one to start with so you can create a new one very very quickly. There are 2 ways to do that:

From PC:
    • Open the attached komp.zip file
    • Replace all the images in the "Bitmaps" folders keeping the same names
    • Save the Zip
    • Done!! If you want also to change title / author either edit the "preset.json" file in the zip or import export as instructions below
    From the device:
    • Add the Komponent from your SD card
    • Go inside the Komponent and Inside the "Bitmap Group" with the Advanced Editor
    • Pick a new image for every state listed (so enter the image, press "pick image" and choose the corresponding image)
    • Export with your details / name / description
    • Done!
    jKrZgFu.jpg

Flexycon! Feel free to use :D

DOWNLOAD: HERE
    Baseline Komponent for the creation of Weather Iconsets

This komponent should be available to all of you in the next update, but if you want it now have at it in the link below.

So this is a fairly straight forward iconset using the well know Climacons glyph set.
    There are several reasons I built and released this as an unlocked, free, Komponent.

1st. You can use this as a base to create your own LOCKED/Paid Komponent APKs. You still have to do a bit of work, but all of the code base is already in place for making the right icon show.
    2nd. The globals here give you some ideas on what you should be including with your iconset Komponents. Just having a font is OK, but having other stuff like background shapes is better.
    3. This is FAR easier to handle in terms of creating weather layouts. You no longer need to go into the code and change wi(icon) to wf(icon, #) for every single icon you have in your forecast list.
    Simply add the Komponent, and choose from the DAY dropdown list which you want, Current or Forecast#, the code takes care of the rest.

List of Globals
    *Day* (list) - Choose current or forecast day number
    *Iconset* (font) Change the icons the Komponent uses easily
    *Icon* (color) - Changes the color of the weather icon
    *IconSize* (number) Change the size of the weather icon relative to BG
    *Outline* (toggle) Change icon to an outline
    *Stroke* (number) Change the width of the outline.
    *BGStyle* (list) Change background shape (off, square, Circle, Exagon)
    *BG* (color) Change the color of the backgroud shape
    *Corners* (number) adjust the corner roundness on the BG shape.

Please remember that if you change the font used, you do HAVE TO go into the "Weather Icon" text layer and change the formula to reflect with characters your icons are assigned to.

Ultra configurable National Geographic picture of the day Komponent by Carla Jacobs.

How to use?
    • Copy the Komponent in the sdcard under "kustom/komponents" (folder should be already there) or import it from the app (pressing "+" to add a Komponent and then the "+" on bottom left and click "import" to select it from your phone memory)
    • Create a preset or start from a builtin one
    • Press "+" on top right to add a new item
    • Select the Komponent
    • Configure parameters as you like, scale, reposition and so on. Loading the images might take some time (so save it and go to your home to see it in action)