Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,530 Members 42,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any themer/dev interested in making themes for es file explorer?

Tip us?

Aashuk Mehta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 870
Default Any themer/dev interested in making themes for es file explorer?

Es file explorer is one of the most used apps on Android. It's the best file manager for Android if you ask me. Though it has a good ui. But we can always ask for better.

Es file explorer with the 3.0 update was made themeable. But no theming APIs were let out. There's only one first party theme available
Es classic :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...qYL4AQ

Butttt... You can always modify this theme apk and make your own themes.
Like this gentleman has done here.
MIUI v5 theme for ES file explorer - Theme - MIUI Official Community - Mobile - http://en.miui.com/thread-14498-1-1.html

Be sure to do this.
I would like to see some material themes or whatever you guys want to make.
Let's make this happen.

Derpoholic
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have the photoshop skillz but cant do the coding part, i indeed love this file explorer!

Aashuk Mehta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpoholic View Post
I have the photoshop skillz but cant do the coding part, i indeed love this file explorer!
You don't need the coding part, just grab that apk from the Google play link above, replace your own icons that you want, sign the apk and that's it.
It'll be nice if someone does a material theme but I will take whatever anyone does

User_99
Old
(Last edited by User_99; 6th September 2014 at 07:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 929
Problem with the Classic theme apk is that unfortunately not all parts of the app could be themed. A lot of the colors are hardcoded in the XML files.
Device: Sony Ericsson xPeria Arc S -- Rom: CM10Hasty@10-11-2013 -- Base: CM 10 - Linaro/O3/BIONIC Optimization - GCC 4.9 -- Radio: 77 -- Kernel: 2.6.32.60
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-7000 -- Rom: Paranoid 2.56@20-12-2012 -- Base: CM 10-PA -- Radio: BOLT1 -- Kernel: Stock-PA
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5100 -- Rom: Stock 4.1.2 -- Base: Stock -- Radio: Stock -- Kernel: Stock