FORUMS

On Qualcomm’s Damage Control: Marketing and Rumors?

The Heated Snapdragon chronicles seemingly see no end, and 5 months into 2015 … more

Xiaomi Mi Note Pro With SD-810 Goes On Sale In China

The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, announced on 15th Jan 2015, is Xiaomi’s attempt at … more

Project Fi Invites Are Rolling Out

Google is now sending out the first wave of invites to its new wireless service, Project Fi. … more

Vinsic 20,000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank Giveaway

We have covered a lot of Android Accessories here on XDA TV. Mostly because we realize … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Zooper +media utilities under lollipop

2nd December 2014, 11:44 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Seems like no one in this forum knows about it so I'll ask my question here.

For me it doesn't work, can someone confirm? Or are there ways to make media utilities run properly under 5.0?

2nd December 2014, 02:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 733

More
Media utilities is a no go, Not yet at least. Zooper pro works with some launchers but not all.
2nd December 2014, 03:22 PM |#3  
Its hit and miss... Enable notification access than in zooper make sure direct control and alternative data collection are selected.. Track, artist, and album text works... Album art does not unless you uncheck alternative data collection... But then the other stuff is broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to djkinetic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2014, 04:37 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic

Its hit and miss... Enable notification access than in zooper make sure direct control and alternative data collection are selected.. Track, artist, and album text works... Album art does not unless you uncheck alternative data collection... But then the other stuff is broken.

Thx it works now
8th December 2014, 12:59 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
so i can use only album art or titles. i wish they would update soon.
22nd April 2015, 11:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escoban

Seems like no one in this forum knows about it so I'll ask my question here.

For me it doesn't work, can someone confirm? Or are there ways to make media utilities run properly under 5.0?

I'm a bit late to the discussion but have (kind of) managed a workaround for this.

Download "Jacks Music Widget' and use the smallest music widget, which I think is 4x1.

Resize this widget using Nova, this effectively hides all the music controls and gives you a full size album art.

From there add your Zoopers on top.

I have this set up and it works great. Probably even better as Jacks music widget changes the artwork almost immediately and you have the added benefit of it not clogging up your Gallery, which MediaUtilities does.

You could just use Jacks Music widget tbh, but if your like me and need to personalise everything about your phone then its a little workaround that works.

I've attached a screen showing you my set up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-22-22-59-15[1].jpg
Views:	138
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	3276745  
The Following User Says Thank You to rm83855 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2015, 02:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm83855

I'm a bit late to the discussion but have (kind of) managed a workaround for this.

Download "Jacks Music Widget' and use the smallest music widget, which I think is 4x1.

Resize this widget using Nova, this effectively hides all the music controls and gives you a full size album art.

From there add your Zoopers on top.

I have this set up and it works great. Probably even better as Jacks music widget changes the artwork almost immediately and you have the added benefit of it not clogging up your Gallery, which MediaUtilities does.

You could just use Jacks Music widget tbh, but if your like me and need to personalise everything about your phone then its a little workaround that works.

I've attached a screen showing you my set up

Thank you both for the information! I'll give both methods a try.

Side note: Why aren't there more complaints of this problem?

Do only a small amount of people use Media Utilities with Zooper??? (unlikely)

Are only a small amount of people on Lollipop?

Is there an alternative program that folks are using with Zooper/Lollipop???
4th May 2015, 10:29 PM |#8  
If you really need the functionality and arent attached to a launcher you could use themer which has MU built in, the same devs as MU, they've pretty much focused all their efforts on themer.
5th May 2015, 05:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

If you really need the functionality and arent attached to a launcher you could use themer which has MU built in, the same devs as MU, they've pretty much focused all their efforts on themer.

Thank you for the suggestion...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread