SMS Truncation from Web interface

OP xcsdm

19th August 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

179 posts
More
Okay, AT&T LG G3

I can type the exact same message into Hangouts or built in Messages app, and it will go through (about 160 chars, as expected)
When I use AirDroid for messaging, I get to about 70, and it truncates to 2 messages.

Today, I typed a rather long message, close to the 160 limit. It was split into 3 messages.
20th August 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcsdm

Okay, AT&T LG G3

I can type the exact same message into Hangouts or built in Messages app, and it will go through (about 160 chars, as expected)
When I use AirDroid for messaging, I get to about 70, and it truncates to 2 messages.

Today, I typed a rather long message, close to the 160 limit. It was split into 3 messages.

Hi. As Google has changed the mechanism of Android, if your phone is running Android 4.4+, a long text message will be split into several parts on your side while the recipient receives one whole message. AirDroid developers did try to find a workaround to this problem, but due to technical limitations, they didnít find a perfect solution. But they will keep on searching for a fix. To get the latest update on this, you can follow AirDroid on Twitter/Facebook/Google+.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hearst For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sms truncate
Previous Thread Next Thread