Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS Truncation from Web interface

Tip us?

xcsdm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default SMS Truncation from Web interface

Okay, AT&T LG G3

I can type the exact same message into Hangouts or built in Messages app, and it will go through (about 160 chars, as expected)
When I use AirDroid for messaging, I get to about 70, and it truncates to 2 messages.

Today, I typed a rather long message, close to the 160 limit. It was split into 3 messages.
AT&T LG G3, rooted, waiting for ROMs.

Coming from Blue Angel, 8125, 8525, Tilt, Fuze, Tilt2, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Droid, Eris, Incredible, iPhone 4, HTC Inspire 4G, iPhone 4S,
HTC One X, iPhone 5, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s, and LG G3
Modded what I could, fixed what I could, used them as much as possible.

Hearst
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcsdm View Post
Okay, AT&T LG G3

I can type the exact same message into Hangouts or built in Messages app, and it will go through (about 160 chars, as expected)
When I use AirDroid for messaging, I get to about 70, and it truncates to 2 messages.

Today, I typed a rather long message, close to the 160 limit. It was split into 3 messages.
Hi. As Google has changed the mechanism of Android, if your phone is running Android 4.4+, a long text message will be split into several parts on your side while the recipient receives one whole message. AirDroid developers did try to find a workaround to this problem, but due to technical limitations, they didnít find a perfect solution. But they will keep on searching for a fix. To get the latest update on this, you can follow AirDroid on Twitter/Facebook/Google+.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hearst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
sms truncate