[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices

Tip us?

TrayLunch
Old
R.I.P.
Thanks Meter 1821
Default Re: [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click application to root some devices

@alephzain

Is it possible to get you to build a repack that installs SuperSU instead? Maybe a second apk to give people the option depending on what they prefer? Just a request/suggestion, and by no means meant as a demand. Thank you for your hard work and consideration. You've done excellent work here!

Bugging up my phone, so you don't have to!
The Following User Says Thank You to TrayLunch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RFC1795
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Excellent! Worked for me on my S2 ... thanks so much OP!!

alephzain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayLunch View Post
@alephzain

Is it possible to get you to build a repack that installs SuperSU instead? Maybe a second apk to give people the option depending on what they prefer? Just a request/suggestion, and by no means meant as a demand. Thank you for your hard work and consideration. You've done excellent work here!

Yeah good point, so next release will integrate the choice of super[user|SU] app and unroot feature. Release available during this week I think.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to alephzain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadoom23
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alephzain View Post
Hmm, your chat app require root permission ? Its a strange behaviour. Did you already root your device before using your chat app ?
Seeing "radio has been granted superuser permissions" if your application doesn't mention it require root is not normal.
no "WhatsApp" doesn't require a rooted device. I've been using WhatsApp for quite a while before I rooted it. I guess the "radio has been granted superuser permission" doesn't really come from WhatsApp it just randomly popped up while using it (probably some background business?) and I couldn't get out of it anymore because of the spam. However I havent had that bug again yet. I'll report if it happens again.

tozneno
Old
(Last edited by tozneno; 12th February 2013 at 09:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
shadoom23 what rom version have you got on your GN2?

is someone know if the exploit is the same as exynos abuse? because sammy's allready patch it in his very last 4.1.2 xxdma6 rom for GN2...

davr971
Old
(Last edited by davr971; 12th February 2013 at 01:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayLunch View Post
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - SPH-D710
Android 4.1.2
Build GA10
Exynos4 processors

Results: Exploit failed
Possible Reason: Samsung has patched the kernel in this build.

I post these results to avoid future questions and comments. I suspect this will be successful on prior builds where the exploit is left unpatched.

EDIT: and BTW, FIRST!!!! LOL!

Just for information, it worked fine on my Galaxy S3 I9300 which was on the latest Touchwiz firmware (I9300XXELKB).
I used the "Frodo" exploit...

Does it mean that the Exynos memory bug is not corrected by the latest Samsung update?

TrayLunch
Old
R.I.P.
Thanks Meter 1821
Default Re: [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click application to root some devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by davr971 View Post
Just for information, it worked fine on my Galaxy S3 I9300 which was on the latest Touchwiz firmware (I9300XXELKB).
I used the "Frodo" exploit...

Does it mean that the Exynos memory bug is not corrected by the latest Samsung update?
Appreciate the info, and no. The Exynos Abuse security hole is patched by Samsung on the latest firmware. The Sam exploit was not successful on some devices because of this patch, so that's why the Frodo exploit was included with 1.1. Again, your firmware is patched against the Exynos Abuse exploit and you have nothing to worry about as far as that goes. Hope that helps clarify things for you! :thumbup:

tomac7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
my S2 run after the root slower and slower (maybe 1 minute) and now it freeze.
what happens?

salsaholic
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Huawei Ascend P1 (TI OMAP 4460 based):
"Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"
The Following User Says Thank You to salsaholic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Daniel_NRW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Archos 80G9 - CPU: OMAP4460 ES1.1 - Android 4.0.4 - Board: A80S-V5 (T1)

"Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

Tags
apk, framaroot, root