Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

More aggressive network buffering, please.

OP a-raccoon

2nd July 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
I enjoy watching videos that are hosted on my PC though Windows File Staring. MX Player plays them fine but does not buffer enough video to prevent hiccups in playback. This is especially true with very complex scenes in 1080p. Copying the same video to my device will play uninterrupted, leading me to believe this is an inadequate buffering issue. Pressing pause will not pre-buffer any large amount of video as the user might expect.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 P600
2nd July 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Palani / Surat
Thanks Meter: 1,789

645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-raccoon

I enjoy watching videos that are hosted on my PC though Windows File Staring. MX Player plays them fine but does not buffer enough video to prevent hiccups in playback. This is especially true with very complex scenes in 1080p. Copying the same video to my device will play uninterrupted, leading me to believe this is an inadequate buffering issue. Pressing pause will not pre-buffer any large amount of video as the user might expect.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 P600

It's a well known issue. Since it's already listed in priority list hopefully the developer will improve it in next major version mx player v2.0
2nd July 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

It's a well known issue. Since it's already listed in priority list hopefully the developer will improve it in next major version mx player v2.0

Version 2.0 huh. I was hoping this would be something that finds its way into [perhaps] the next minor update. Change some integer value from 50 to 300 and call it good.
2nd July 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up Ask
Hello, Do not know if this is the thread for my question or not!? I want to know one thing; when reproduced before a live network link, entering places where (playing from network) and the link was there. Now not find it. And is there the last link I've attached. Me question is: I need to change something in the settings to locate? Or should I do?
Thank you friends for your attention.

Regards
3rd July 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdan1940

Hello, Do not know if this is the thread for my question or not!? I want to know one thing; when reproduced before a live network link, entering places where (playing from network) and the link was there. Now not find it. And is there the last link I've attached. Me question is: I need to change something in the settings to locate? Or should I do?
Thank you friends for your attention.

Regards

Hello mrsdan1940: I don't understand your question. So let me gather some information to see if I can help you. Is your primary language English? Are you using the program MX Player for Android? It's a video audio media player for your mobile or tablet device.
The Following User Says Thank You to a-raccoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread