Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

More aggressive network buffering, please.

Tip us?
 
a-raccoon
Old
#1  
a-raccoon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Arrow More aggressive network buffering, please.

I enjoy watching videos that are hosted on my PC though Windows File Staring. MX Player plays them fine but does not buffer enough video to prevent hiccups in playback. This is especially true with very complex scenes in 1080p. Copying the same video to my device will play uninterrupted, leading me to believe this is an inadequate buffering issue. Pressing pause will not pre-buffer any large amount of video as the user might expect.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 P600
 
ktsamy
Old
#2  
ktsamy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1207
Posts: 378
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palani / Surat

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-raccoon View Post
I enjoy watching videos that are hosted on my PC though Windows File Staring. MX Player plays them fine but does not buffer enough video to prevent hiccups in playback. This is especially true with very complex scenes in 1080p. Copying the same video to my device will play uninterrupted, leading me to believe this is an inadequate buffering issue. Pressing pause will not pre-buffer any large amount of video as the user might expect.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 P600
It's a well known issue. Since it's already listed in priority list hopefully the developer will improve it in next major version mx player v2.0
Regards,
KTSamy


Hit Thanks if I helped
We are spending our valuable time for you without any cost.
 
a-raccoon
Old
#3  
a-raccoon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy View Post
It's a well known issue. Since it's already listed in priority list hopefully the developer will improve it in next major version mx player v2.0
Version 2.0 huh. I was hoping this would be something that finds its way into [perhaps] the next minor update. Change some integer value from 50 to 300 and call it good.
 
mrsdan1940
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2014
Thumbs up Ask

Hello, Do not know if this is the thread for my question or not!? I want to know one thing; when reproduced before a live network link, entering places where (playing from network) and the link was there. Now not find it. And is there the last link I've attached. Me question is: I need to change something in the settings to locate? Or should I do?
Thank you friends for your attention.

Regards
 
a-raccoon
Old
#5  
a-raccoon's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdan1940 View Post
Hello, Do not know if this is the thread for my question or not!? I want to know one thing; when reproduced before a live network link, entering places where (playing from network) and the link was there. Now not find it. And is there the last link I've attached. Me question is: I need to change something in the settings to locate? Or should I do?
Thank you friends for your attention.

Regards
Hello mrsdan1940: I don't understand your question. So let me gather some information to see if I can help you. Is your primary language English? Are you using the program MX Player for Android? It's a video audio media player for your mobile or tablet device.
The Following User Says Thank You to a-raccoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes