Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android TV support

Tip us?

grange
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Android TV support

Hi,

This topic request is a placeholder for the newly announced Android TV that Google announced at Google I/O (June 26th 2014)

I would love MX Player to have support for Android TV in whereby I could use MX Player on future Android TV set-top box devices such as Blu-Ray players to be able to play local file content.

Be ready for Android TV if it kicks off well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 69
If it's a Google-supported device with Play Store access, then MX is likely to support it. The real question is what sort of hardware decoding support will it have, and how powerful of a processor for software decoding?
MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support
MX Player Sub-forum
Welcome thread and FAQ -- Feature Requests list
Please hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.
For bugs or glitches, always include an MX Log Collector report.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

bleu8888
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by grange View Post
Hi,

This topic request is a placeholder for the newly announced Android TV that Google announced at Google I/O (June 26th 2014)

I would love MX Player to have support for Android TV in whereby I could use MX Player on future Android TV set-top box devices such as Blu-Ray players to be able to play local file content.

Be ready for Android TV if it kicks off well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
I've tested newly announced Android TV using Android emulator. It works well so far.
MX Player Developer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fgarcor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is it just me or the fire tv hardware looks so much like the development hardware for android tv? And even the cards from the settings on fire tv look much alike to the ones in android tv?

Coincidence or what is going on?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk