Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bug] Bluetooth headset can only unpause

Tip us?
 
Crim Soukyuu
Old
(Last edited by Crim Soukyuu; 26th August 2014 at 08:30 PM.)
#21  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Here is test version handling PLAY like PLAY_PAUSE event.
But I am not sure this will work because no event looks like coming in response to your 2nd play/pause button press.
https://sites.google.com/site/mxplay...edirects=0&d=1.
Hmm it says I need permissions to access that one. Sent a request from chr******d@gmail.com
Also, I managed to implement it in my test app and it works perfectly _unless_ I interact with the user interface (MediaController class). Everything works as long as my app is in the background and I don't touch onscreen controls. Else they seem to "grab" focus from the BT listener.

edit: more specifically, calling the MediaController.show() is what seems to steal focus for my test app. It's as if the focus moves away from the UI to the media controller. If I leave it on screen, and click on a "settings" menu, returning focus to my activity, the key start working.

edit2: MX player shows the same behavior. I attached a new log, now you should see PLAY events after i've sent mx player to background with background play enabled
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2014-08-26_212839.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.7 KB, 1 views)
 
bleu8888
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 239
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim Soukyuu View Post
Hmm it says I need permissions to access that one. Sent a request from chr******d@gmail.com
Also, I managed to implement it in my test app and it works perfectly _unless_ I interact with the user interface (MediaController class). Everything works as long as my app is in the background and I don't touch onscreen controls. Else they seem to "grab" focus from the BT listener.

edit: more specifically, calling the MediaController.show() is what seems to steal focus for my test app. It's as if the focus moves away from the UI to the media controller. If I leave it on screen, and click on a "settings" menu, returning focus to my activity, the key start working.

edit2: MX player shows the same behavior. I attached a new log, now you should see PLAY events after i've sent mx player to background with background play enabled
A new option is added on latest test build adding an option to workaround this issue. Please check it out
https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build

Thanks
MX Player Developer
 
Crim Soukyuu
Old
#23  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jun 2014
is this the same build you sent me via PM?
 
ktsamy
Old
(Last edited by ktsamy; 12th September 2014 at 02:29 PM.)
#24  
ktsamy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,515
Posts: 487
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palani / Surat

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim Soukyuu View Post
is this the same build you sent me via PM?
You can check it in about screen. If your build is 1.7.31.nightly.20140908 it should be the latest one
Regards,
KTSamy


Hit Thanks if I helped
We are spending our valuable time for you without any cost.
 
Crim Soukyuu
Old
#25  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jun 2014
Wasn't the same, but it works as intended. The previous build just silently handled it though, is there any reason why it needs a separate option?
 
CDB-Man
Old
#26  
CDB-Man's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 340
Join Date: May 2013
Separate option probably because for cases where PLAY_PAUSE works, you wouldn't want PLAY to work as a toggle.
MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support
MX Player Sub-forum
Welcome thread and FAQ -- Feature Requests list
Please hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.
For bugs or glitches, always include an MX Log Collector report.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

 
erigmac
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man View Post
Separate option probably because for cases where PLAY_PAUSE works, you wouldn't want PLAY to work as a toggle.
Hi, this is my first post on xda.
I am having the same problem with the bluetooth headset that I am using now.
I am running Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 and I'm using Philips Fidelio M1BT as the headphone.
I downloaded version 1.7.32.nightly.20140910 (ARMv7 NEON) and I can only pause but I can't unpause.
I am not sure how to report the bug as I don't understand if I have the PLAY_PAUSE or PLAY only.
 
bleu8888
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 239
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim Soukyuu View Post
Wasn't the same, but it works as intended. The previous build just silently handled it though, is there any reason why it needs a separate option?
As I said previous posts, this issue is not happening on all devices. Therefore I put it on an option.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigmac View Post
Hi, this is my first post on xda.
I am having the same problem with the bluetooth headset that I am using now.
I am running Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 and I'm using Philips Fidelio M1BT as the headphone.
I downloaded version 1.7.32.nightly.20140910 (ARMv7 NEON) and I can only pause but I can't unpause.
I am not sure how to report the bug as I don't understand if I have the PLAY_PAUSE or PLAY only.
Please try Settings > Player > Toggle playback with play button > ON
MX Player Developer
The Following User Says Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
erigmac
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
As I said previous posts, this issue is not happening on all devices. Therefore I put it on an option.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------


Please try Settings > Player > Toggle playback with play button > ON
Thank you very much. It works perfectly fine now.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more