OP Crim Soukyuu

26th August 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888

Here is test version handling PLAY like PLAY_PAUSE event.
But I am not sure this will work because no event looks like coming in response to your 2nd play/pause button press.
https://sites.google.com/site/mxplay...edirects=0&d=1.

Hmm it says I need permissions to access that one. Sent a request from chr******d@gmail.com
Also, I managed to implement it in my test app and it works perfectly _unless_ I interact with the user interface (MediaController class). Everything works as long as my app is in the background and I don't touch onscreen controls. Else they seem to "grab" focus from the BT listener.

edit: more specifically, calling the MediaController.show() is what seems to steal focus for my test app. It's as if the focus moves away from the UI to the media controller. If I leave it on screen, and click on a "settings" menu, returning focus to my activity, the key start working.

edit2: MX player shows the same behavior. I attached a new log, now you should see PLAY events after i've sent mx player to background with background play enabled
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2014-08-26_212839.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.7 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by Crim Soukyuu; 26th August 2014 at 09:30 PM.
8th September 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 206

273 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim Soukyuu

Hmm it says I need permissions to access that one. Sent a request from chr******d@gmail.com
Also, I managed to implement it in my test app and it works perfectly _unless_ I interact with the user interface (MediaController class). Everything works as long as my app is in the background and I don't touch onscreen controls. Else they seem to "grab" focus from the BT listener.

edit: more specifically, calling the MediaController.show() is what seems to steal focus for my test app. It's as if the focus moves away from the UI to the media controller. If I leave it on screen, and click on a "settings" menu, returning focus to my activity, the key start working.

edit2: MX player shows the same behavior. I attached a new log, now you should see PLAY events after i've sent mx player to background with background play enabled

A new option is added on latest test build adding an option to workaround this issue. Please check it out
https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build

Thanks
12th September 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
More
is this the same build you sent me via PM?
12th September 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #24  
Flag Palani / Surat
Thanks Meter: 1,953

689 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

is this the same build you sent me via PM?

You can check it in about screen. If your build is 1.7.31.nightly.20140908 it should be the latest one
Last edited by ktsamy; 12th September 2014 at 03:29 PM.
12th September 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
More
Wasn't the same, but it works as intended. The previous build just silently handled it though, is there any reason why it needs a separate option?
13th September 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 120

507 posts
More
Separate option probably because for cases where PLAY_PAUSE works, you wouldn't want PLAY to work as a toggle.
13th September 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

Separate option probably because for cases where PLAY_PAUSE works, you wouldn't want PLAY to work as a toggle.

Hi, this is my first post on xda.
I am having the same problem with the bluetooth headset that I am using now.
I am running Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 and I'm using Philips Fidelio M1BT as the headphone.
I downloaded version 1.7.32.nightly.20140910 (ARMv7 NEON) and I can only pause but I can't unpause.
I am not sure how to report the bug as I don't understand if I have the PLAY_PAUSE or PLAY only.
13th September 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 206

273 posts
Quote:

Wasn't the same, but it works as intended. The previous build just silently handled it though, is there any reason why it needs a separate option?

As I said previous posts, this issue is not happening on all devices. Therefore I put it on an option.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigmac

Hi, this is my first post on xda.
I am having the same problem with the bluetooth headset that I am using now.
I am running Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 and I'm using Philips Fidelio M1BT as the headphone.
I downloaded version 1.7.32.nightly.20140910 (ARMv7 NEON) and I can only pause but I can't unpause.
I am not sure how to report the bug as I don't understand if I have the PLAY_PAUSE or PLAY only.

Please try Settings > Player > Toggle playback with play button > ON
The Following User Says Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888

As I said previous posts, this issue is not happening on all devices. Therefore I put it on an option.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Please try Settings > Player > Toggle playback with play button > ON

Thank you very much. It works perfectly fine now.
8th October 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
More
Weird thing: I'm on 1.7.31 after updating to KitKat and unlocking the bootloader now, and the headset works as expected without the fix (unless .31 already included it?).
Maybe the behavior I was getting before is something JellyBean-specific?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread