Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bug] Problems with .ts files: seeking, playback (HD only)

Tip us?

sjlouis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Bug] Problems with .ts files: seeking, playback (HD only)

Hi,

I use MX Player and it's a very good product. I like it very much, it's very convenient but I have a little problem.

I have a satellite receiver which records movies in .ts files. I can read them with MX Player but when I use << and >> keys, the result is erratic. In the parameters, I've chosen to skip back 7 seconds and for example when I press "Skip back", it skips 30 seconds forward. If I maintain the pressure on the << and >> keys, it's also erratic. It works well with .avi files and .wmv files.

I could convert .ts files in .avi files but it's very long, it takes several hours to convert some files.

Is it possible MX Player run .ts files as other files?

Thank you .
Jean-Louis

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,513

DONATE TO ME
Actually MX uses key frames rather than exact time frame for fast seeking.

You can disable it from Settings》Player 》 Fast Seek.

Additionaly for better navigation you can adjust the speed of swipe & forward button from Settings 》 Player 》 Navigation

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped
We are spending our valuable time for you without any cost.

sjlouis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for your response .

I've already adjusted the speed of previous and forward button in "Settings 》 Player 》 Navigation", that's why it skips 7 seconds previously or forward when I press the << and >> keys. It's very convenient.

I've disabled key frames for fast seeking in "Settings》Player 》 Fast Seek" but it's the same thing, the result is erratic .

sjlouis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

There is no solution for this problem please?

Thank you for your help.

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,513

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlouis View Post
Hi,

I use MX Player and it's a very good product. I like it very much, it's very convenient but I have a little problem.

I have a satellite receiver which records movies in .ts files. I can read them with MX Player but when I use << and >> keys, the result is erratic. In the parameters, I've chosen to skip back 7 seconds and for example when I press "Skip back", it skips 30 seconds forward. If I maintain the pressure on the << and >> keys, it's also erratic. It works well with .avi files and .wmv files.

I could convert .ts files in .avi files but it's very long, it takes several hours to convert some files.

Is it possible MX Player run .ts files as other files?

Thank you .
Jean-Louis
Remux to mkv and try again & report here.

Note:
Remux won't take much time since there is no encoding.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped

sjlouis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, can you say me which application to use? I've tried tsMuxeR to convert it in M2TS but it was not efficient on the Galaxy S2 even if it is on my TV. However, it's a little complex because I have to copy all the movies from my satellite recorder to the PC, convert them and copy them on the smartphone. I would prefer to copy them directly on the smartphone, it's more convenient and quicker .

On another thread, I have posted I have problems with HD .ts files, I lost sound or the image jams. I can't see them. I've tried HW and SW modes with no effect even if I don't know what these modes mean.

I haven't any problem with BSPlayer but it's not as convenient as MXPlayer.

Thank you .

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,513

DONATE TO ME
@sjlouis

I have tried myself with two videos with different codecs ( mpeg2 / AVC-h264) in ts, m2ts & mkv containers. But, I can't reproduce any problems. I think it's device/android specific.

Can you provide the following details?

Device ?

Android Version ?

Rom whether stock or custom?

MX Player version?

Detailed media info?

Can you attach a detailed logcat which can be collected using mx log collctor immediately after closing Player/Video?

Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped

sjlouis
Old
(Last edited by sjlouis; 25th May 2014 at 05:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Device ? Samsung Galaxy S2

Android Version ? 4.1.2

Rom whether stock or custom? Samsung version modified with kernel : 3.0.31 - Jeboo_Kernel_v1.2a+

MX Player version? 1.7.26

Detailed media info? If I press on the file, I have the name, the size, the date of the copy... but nothing technical. If I list the files with Windows 7, the type is "Video MPEG-2 TS". There are created by an Enigma box, OpenPli 4.0. I don't know if that can help you.

Can you attach a detailed logcat which can be collected using mx log collctor immediately after closing Player/Video?
I've seen there is an application whose name is "MX Log Collector". Ok I can download it but is it difficult to obtain the logcat?

I can try to read these files on my wife's phone. Do you want?
Thank you .

sjlouis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried with the Samsung ACE 3, Android 4.2.2, rom stock Samsung, kernel 3.4.0-2575110 and there are the same problems.

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,513

DONATE TO ME
@sjlouis
Simple way is Just run the mx log collctor immediately after closing the player.

If you are rooted then lot of apps available in the play store which can collect the logs in background.

Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped