Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[feature request] 3D anamorph

Tip us?

sergentum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Video [feature request] 3D anamorph

PLEASE! guys add anamorph conversion vertical to horizontal. It would be great to watching 3d movies with Google Cardboard (can't post links, i tried) and mx player.
and second problem to watching videos - aspect ratio. I cant' do right aspect so image vertical extended.
Thanks very much, i hope you'll do it.
Will you work at this feature or not?

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 45
You can change aspect ratio in the playback menu:
When playing a video: menu -> display -> aspect ratio
Be sure to hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum if you need support.

The Following User Says Thank You to CDB-Man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sergentum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man View Post
You can change aspect ratio in the playback menu:
When playing a video: menu -> display -> aspect ratio
thanks a lot for help, i find it.
but how about vertical anamorph ---> horizontal conversion?

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Not sure exactly what you mean regarding Google Cardboard and vertical anamorphic. Could you give more explanation? And you can still post links, just go to advanced post reply, and uncheck automatic parsing of links.

MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum if you need support.

sergentum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Not sure exactly what you mean regarding Google Cardboard and vertical anamorphic. Could you give more explanation? And you can still post links, just go to advanced post reply, and uncheck automatic parsing of links.
i mean, i want player to work as 3D TV. samsung, lg, etc.
when i download 3d mkv to watch it on tv, it can be 2 types of files - horizontal anamorph pair.

and vertical pair

so, hardware 3d TV asked "what pair did you download? vertical or horizontal"
and makes output like this
left_eye_frame1, (left eye on 3d glasses opened, right eye closed)
right_eye_frame1, (left eye on 3d glasses closed, right eye opened)
left_eye_frame2, (left eye on 3d glasses opened, right eye closed)
right_eye_frame2, (left eye on 3d glasses closed, right eye opened)
left_eye_frame3, (left eye on 3d glasses opened, right eye closed)
right_eye_frame3, (left eye on 3d glasses closed, right eye opened)

SO, with google cardboard device (and another same devices) user can watch 3D ONLY with horizontal pair. But vertical seems to be more popular format. And all what i talking about, i ask to do feature - vertical --> horizontal conversion, to watch vertical pair 3d movie in 3d devices like google cardboard.

i hope, i talking understandably.
sorry fo my english, i'm from russia.

i have this message about links:
"To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!"

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 45
You can post links by disabling auto-parse hyperlinks.

Anyways, on topic: I'm not sure how this would be implemented, or if it's an easy fix. @bleu8888 is this doable right now?

sergentum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You can post links by disabling auto-parse hyperlinks.

Anyways, on topic: I'm not sure how this would be implemented, or if it's an easy fix. @bleu8888 is this doable right now?
thread is dead... despite of one more thread like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/half-sbs-playback-2d-videos-t2799322

bether
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Hi MXPlayer devs,
can you add 3D under-bottom ability displaying by S/W codec for HTC Evo 3D?
This app can do it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ridef3dgallery