FORUMS

[Feature Request] Change HTTP User-Agent

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By L1gh7n1ng, Member on 28th August 2014, 06:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Please, change the HTTP User-Agent to something less malware-like than a space.
MX Player would be fine or maybe just Linux/Android for some obscurity.
This could be easily done and it would prevent us getting blocked by some sites/CDNs and even false IDS alerts.
Last edited by L1gh7n1ng; 28th August 2014 at 06:14 AM.
 
 
28th August 2014, 05:14 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1gh7n1ng

Please, change the HTTP User-Agent to something less malware-like than a space.
MX Player would be fine or maybe just Linux/Android for some obscurity.
This could be easily done and it would prevent us getting blocked by some sites/CDNs and even false IDS alerts.

MX Player uses Linux/Android style and MX Player/<version> style user agent.
But ads network may use different value. I will check it out.

Thanks
28th August 2014, 05:34 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888

MX Player uses Linux/Android style and MX Player/<version> style user agent.
But ads network may use different value. I will check it out.

Thanks

I don't think it's the ads network:

Code:
GET./480p/{file}.mp4.HTTP/1.1
.User-Agent:.
.Accept:.*/*
.Range:.bytes=36151293-
.Connection:.close
.Host:.{domain}
.Icy-MetaData:.1
I tap on a video link in the browser and open it in MX Player, so I'm not starting anything directly.
Also I don't think Chrome proxies the request (like ES File Exp.) but even if it does it would use it's own UA.
Thanks.
8th September 2014, 10:20 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1gh7n1ng

I don't think it's the ads network:

Code:
GET./480p/{file}.mp4.HTTP/1.1
.User-Agent:.
.Accept:.*/*
.Range:.bytes=36151293-
.Connection:.close
.Host:.{domain}
.Icy-MetaData:.1
I tap on a video link in the browser and open it in MX Player, so I'm not starting anything directly.
Also I don't think Chrome proxies the request (like ES File Exp.) but even if it does it would use it's own UA.
Thanks.

This might be fixed on latest test build:
https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 01:38 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Thumbs up
It's in the store. Thanks for making it customizable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes