FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] DTS and AC3 sound problem on TV speaker

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sviet2k, Junior Member on 9th May 2016, 02:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I have sound problem when I use Alpha MX _Player on my Tronsmart RK3288 (Kit Kat android) to play AC3 movies.
My receiver can play correctly the Dolby sound but there is white noise on the TV speakers then I have to mute the TV sound.
It's a little bit annoying if I forget to mute the TV.

Do you have any hint to help me to turn off automatically this white noise on the TV ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Last edited by sviet2k; 10th May 2016 at 03:36 PM.
 
 
12th May 2016, 01:57 PM |#2  
ktsamy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviet2k

Hi,

I have sound problem when I use Alpha MX _Player on my Tronsmart RK3288 (Kit Kat android) to play AC3 movies.
My receiver can play correctly the Dolby sound but there is white noise on the TV speakers then I have to mute the TV sound.
It's a little bit annoying if I forget to mute the TV.

Do you have any hint to help me to turn off automatically this white noise on the TV ?

Thanks in advance for your help

I am not sure what happens exactly.
Have you connected your audio receiver on S/PDIF...?
Does it happens with other video files which doesn't have ac3 or DTS...?

What I suspect is your device pass the audio stream to both S/PDIF & HDMI (TV). Your receiver can decode it since it has proper ac3 decoders. But, Your TV might not have ac3 decoder & produces unnecessary noise when failed to decode the stream.

Does your TV Player have native video player..?
Probably when you play the same video there you will encounter the same issue.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
12th May 2016, 03:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

I am not sure what happens exactly.
Have you connected your audio receiver on S/PDIF...?
Does it happens with other video files which doesn't have ac3 or DTS...?

What I suspect is your device pass the audio stream to both S/PDIF & HDMI (TV). Your receiver can decode it since it has proper ac3 decoders. But, Your TV might not have ac3 decoder & produces unnecessary noise when failed to decode the stream.

Does your TV Player have native video player..?
Probably when you play the same video there you will encounter the same issue.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sorry to forgot to describe my setup:

First Setup:
Tronsmart Box (KitKat) -> TV via HDMI
Tronsmart Box -> Yamaha receiver via SPDIF
Android Sound Manager: set to SPDIF

Second setup:
Tronsmart Box (KitKat)-> TV via HDMI
TV -> Yamaha receiver via SPDIF (My TV has SPDIF output)
Android Sound Manager: set to HDMI Bitstream

Both of the above setup have problem of the TV Speaker when playing DTS/AC3 movies.
TV does not have sound problem if playing non DTS/AC3 movies.

I will try the Tronsmart native player tonight and will let you know.

PS: I don't have TV sound problem with the same setup for other box with Lollipop but have subtitle delayed problem

Thanks again
12th May 2016, 03:47 PM |#4  
ktsamy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviet2k

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sorry to forgot to describe my setup:

First Setup:
Tronsmart Box (KitKat) -> TV via HDMI
Tronsmart Box -> Yamaha receiver via SPDIF
Android Sound Manager: set to SPDIF

Second setup:
Tronsmart Box (KitKat)-> TV via HDMI
TV -> Yamaha receiver via SPDIF (My TV has SPDIF output)
Android Sound Manager: set to HDMI Bitstream

Both of the above setup have problem of the TV Speaker when playing DTS/AC3 movies.
TV does not have sound problem if playing non DTS/AC3 movies.

I will try the Tronsmart native player tonight and will let you know.

PS: I don't have TV sound problem with the same setup for other box with Lollipop but have subtitle delayed problem

Thanks again

When you set audio out to SPDIF audio not suppose to be passed. Am I right..?
Do you get audio on TV when you play a video with other audio codecs..? In the above setup there shouldn't be any audio.

In simple words, I wonder why TV is making noise when audio is not passed to it.

Regarding subtitle delay issue with another device, does it happens with HW+ or SW...?.
Anyway MX has default subtitle sync options for all decoder ( & HW decoder separately if you only has issues with HW). You set it once & enjoy rather than adjusting everytime.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes