Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Bug Report] CpuTemp overlay blocking some touch controls

OP x4711

2nd December 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S

There is an app called CpuTemp. If you set there in the settings "Cpu Temp Overlay" what will show the CPU temperature in the status bar then the brightness adjustment of MX Player will not work anymore. Not really correct. It will work as long as you do not start it again. If you start the MX Player a 2 nd time then it will not work.

No idea which app is here to blame. Just want to report it. Took me a while to find it out..
2nd December 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #2  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 306

1,403 posts
More
It should be that overlay function in cpu temp.

Im sure that if you disable it, it wont give any problem.
5th December 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 119

507 posts
More
It's as josuearisty said; CpuTemp's overlay is covering MX Player. I don't have any problems with CpuTemp overlays covering my touch controls on 5.0 Nexus 5, and my overlay is in the topleft corner when on landscape.
6th December 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I sent a message already to the developer of the cpu app. At least people can see here why it might not work anymore. It is not so obvious that this app with the overlay creates the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread