[Feature request] MPEG-DASH

OP chaostheoric

20th June 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hi all

With the advent of HEVC and 4K everybody is talking about DASH, will MX player support it in the future?
I have tested and so far it doesn't seem to work with v1.7.28 on a Xperia Z1 Compact.

Thanks!
21st June 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 107

450 posts
More
MX Player plays whatever is supported by ffmpeg, as MX uses ffmpeg as a base. If ffmpeg supports it in a later build, then MX will eventually support it as well when the MX developer ports the next ffmpeg build into MX Player.

If this format isn't currently supported by ffmpeg, I suggest you go ask on their support forum first. If they already support it, then it will be updated in MX when the developer ports ffmpeg over on the next update.
11th October 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

MX Player plays whatever is supported by ffmpeg, as MX uses ffmpeg as a base. If ffmpeg supports it in a later build, then MX will eventually support it as well when the MX developer ports the next ffmpeg build into MX Player.

If this format isn't currently supported by ffmpeg, I suggest you go ask on their support forum first. If they already support it, then it will be updated in MX when the developer ports ffmpeg over on the next update.

For playback of DASH content, you can use the bitdash MPEG-DASH players, it's free for non-commercial use cases.
13th October 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 107

450 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledererbitmovin

For playback of DASH content, you can use the bitdash MPEG-DASH players, it's free for non-commercial use cases.

Interesting, though, I don't know if and how @bleu8888 can integrate that with the ffmpeg stuff that's currently used.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread