Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 53,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FireTV remote support

Tip us?

dkc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default FireTV remote support

MXPlayer works well when sideloaded to Amazon FireTV. But there are some issues while using firetv remote (D-PAD navigation).
I'm unable to switch audio stream, subtitle, HW/SW decoder, etc.

Please improve support of D-PAD navigation .

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 44
MX Player isn't officially released for Amazon products. But perhaps the dev might look into this. @bleu8888 is this something you would consider?
Be sure to hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum if you need support.

bleu8888
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkc View Post
MXPlayer works well when sideloaded to Amazon FireTV. But there are some issues while using firetv remote (D-PAD navigation).

Would you expalin more detail about problem on FireTV?
Thanks
MX Player Developer

dkc
Old
(Last edited by dkc; 7th July 2014 at 03:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Would you expalin more detail about problem on FireTV?
Thanks
Problem is common for all Android based Set Top Boxes (FireTV, old GoogleTV, recently announced Android TV, etc.) - they don't have touch interface.
These devices use remote controlls which allow to navigate with Arrows(D-PAD), Enter button and Menu button.
It is impossible - using this navigation - to reach some of MXPlayer menus: I'm unable to switch audio stream, subtitle, HW/SW decoder, etc.

Some details regarding D-PAD navigation:
developer.android.com/training/tv/optimizing-navigation-tv.html
developers.google.com/tv/android/docs/gtv_controlguide
The Following User Says Thank You to dkc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 44
So it looks like there's some level of built in Android API support for this. Maybe the MX Player controls can adopt to it?
Be sure to hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum if you need support.

mjbxx
Old
(Last edited by mjbxx; 17th July 2014 at 10:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man View Post
So it looks like there's some level of built in Android API support for this. Maybe the MX Player controls can adopt to it?
That would be very helpful. MX Player works great on the Fire TV. The only feature that is missing for my purposes is the ability to see how much time is left in a video by way of either hitting the down button or pause. The down button does nothing and hitting pause only displays a pause icon on the upper left hand portion of the screen, as seen below. It would be nice to have access to this information. Thanks.

EDIT: I am using MX Player Pro 1.7.28

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	2856809

bleu8888
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkc View Post

Would you try latest test build? Support for D-Pad is improved.
https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build
MX Player Developer

The Following User Says Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]