Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fullscreen support via HDMI output for devices that don't have a 16:9 aspect ratio

Tip us?

satam55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fullscreen support via HDMI output for devices that don't have a 16:9 aspect ratio

I found these old thread from last year in the XDA Nexus 10 forum & old MX Player forum on Google Groups:
MXplayer to support full screen HDMI!!
Nexus 10 hdmi output scaling

Did this feature ever get implemented? I also have a device that doesn't have a 16:9 aspect ratio (LG Optimus G) & would LOVE to have this feature in MX Player so I can stop using the stock LG video player app when I have my device hooked up to my TV.

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 64
See also this recent thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...s-2nd-t2769152
MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support
MX Player Sub-forum
Welcome thread and FAQ -- Feature Requests list
Please hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.
For bugs or glitches, always include an MX Log Collector report.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

satam55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man View Post
OK I read that thread earlier but I didn't totally understand, until I just re-read it now. So you're saying that I need to use a video player app that uses casting (The Stock LG Video player app does this also) instead of just being mirrored when being output via HDMI?

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 64
That is correct. Casting on a mobile device is similar to using extended desktops on your PC. It's the only way to have 2 actual screens rendered at different resolutions. When the video is cast, the video itself will be rendered at the video's native resolution. And of course since most (if not all) videos these days are 16:9, it will match your TV.
MX Player Sub-forum

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

satam55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That is correct. Casting on a mobile device is similar to using extended desktops on your PC. It's the only way to have 2 actual screens rendered at different resolutions. When the video is cast, the video itself will be rendered at the video's native resolution. And of course since most (if not all) videos these days are 16:9, it will match your TV.
Is this a feature we can expect in MX Player in the future?

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 64
http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...ecast-t2725253
MX Player Sub-forum

satam55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Is there any other video player apps that can cast via HDMI output? I can't seem to get the VLC Beta app to do it.

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Not that I'm aware of; but then again, I've never had the need to do this so I wouldn't know.
MX Player Sub-forum