Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 41,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Malware ADs need to go

Tip us?
 
talormanda
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Thumbs down Malware ADs need to go

Every time I pause the video I get an AD saying my device is infected and if I accidentally click it, it tells me I have been looking at adult websites and to "click here" to fix it. Please remove these garbage ADs that ruin a good app.
 
CDB-Man
Old
#2  
CDB-Man's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 233
Join Date: May 2013
What's the exact name of the ad? That or post a screenshot. This way the developer can blacklist it.
Be sure to hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum if you need support.

 
bleu8888
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by talormanda View Post
Every time I pause the video I get an AD saying my device is infected and if I accidentally click it, it tells me I have been looking at adult websites and to "click here" to fix it. Please remove these garbage ADs that ruin a good app.
Hi, we treating such fraud ad. seriously.
Would you send screen capture of this banner ad.?
Or send system log using Menu > Help > Send bug report with system log.

Thank you for reporting.
MX Player Developer
 
talormanda
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Hi, we treating such fraud ad. seriously.
Would you send screen capture of this banner ad.?
Or send system log using Menu > Help > Send bug report with system log.

Thank you for reporting.
Hello, thanks for a timely response. I sent the bug report with the logs, and here is a screenshot:

i.imgur.com/365jA0T.png
 
bleu8888
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by talormanda View Post
Hello, thanks for a timely response. I sent the bug report with the logs, and here is a screenshot:

i.imgur.com/365jA0T.png
Did you send report to mxvideoplayer@gmail.com? If so, it looks like not delivered yet. Please sync/refresh your email client. Thank you.
MX Player Developer
 
talormanda
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Hi, we treating such fraud ad. seriously.
Would you send screen capture of this banner ad.?
Or send system log using Menu > Help > Send bug report with system log.

Thank you for reporting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Did you send report to mxvideoplayer@gmail.com? If so, it looks like not delivered yet. Please sync/refresh your email client. Thank you.
Sent. Hope you're able to block it.
 
bleu8888
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by talormanda View Post
Sent. Hope you're able to block it.
Thank you, I got it.
One more question is; Does the report sent while malware ad. is showed up? And then it is actually from the Google ad. network.
MX Player Developer
 
talormanda
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Thank you, I got it.
One more question is; Does the report sent while malware ad. is showed up? And then it is actually from the Google ad. network.
No it wasn't sent while it was up. I'll try to trigger it to get it to appear again for you and if I can, then I will send another email.
 
bleu8888
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 91
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by talormanda View Post
No it wasn't sent while it was up. I'll try to trigger it to get it to appear again for you and if I can, then I will send another email.
Actually I filtered out all kind of "vaccine" ad. because many malware disguise a vaccine. It will be even better if you do not see this ad again
Thank you.
MX Player Developer
 
talormanda
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Actually I filtered out all kind of "vaccine" ad. because many malware disguise a vaccine. It will be even better if you do not see this ad again
Thank you.
Thanks. I will send more if I ever get any again.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more