[Q] Mx player error code 8

Search This thread

Tanglewood

Nov 10, 2015
I have downloaded mx player from play store but will not install keep getting Error Code 8. Anyone any ideas how fix this problem. Thank you.

Satori42

Feb 11, 2016
I've been hunting around for answers since I've been getting this same Google Play -8 error since I reinstalled my ROM. Previously, I'd had MX and MX Pro both installed - great for playing music behind podcasts and audiobooks using the multiple instances! Now when I have one installed, Google Play goes to install the other and throws this code. As the workaround seems to be to install an older version first and then let Google Play auto-update it - which is what happened before, I'd installed the then-current MX version which Google Play later updated automatically - it would seem that the new MX Player updates are having difficulty avoiding conflict with MX Pro. I can only seem to get one or the other installed at a time.

Reactions: Tanglewood

Tanglewood

Nov 10, 2015
That's exactly what I found. Had both players installed and suddenly had problems even though they had been working fine in the past. Deleted one of players and then it worked fine. Thank you for your reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been hunting around for answers since I've been getting this same Google Play -8 error since I reinstalled my ROM. Previously, I'd had MX and MX Pro both installed - great for playing music behind podcasts and audiobooks using the multiple instances! Now when I have one installed, Google Play goes to install the other and throws this code. As the workaround seems to be to install an older version first and then let Google Play auto-update it - which is what happened before, I'd installed the then-current MX version which Google Play later updated automatically - it would seem that the new MX Player updates are having difficulty avoiding conflict with MX Pro. I can only seem to get one or the other installed at a time.