Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Resolved] MX Player SD Card videos not listed

OP BDMJ101

21st June 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I just bought a LG G Pad and I added a 64GB SD Card to expand my storage. I put some videos on my 64gb sd card but now MX Player can't find them.....I have to use a file explorer app to find the movies and have to select MX to play them.

How can I make it so the app looks on the added sd card for playback?
21st June 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #2  
CDB-Man's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
507 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Settings -> List -> Video folders

Did you check there first to see if the SD card path is included?
21st June 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
MX Player SD Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

Settings -> List -> Video folders

Did you check there first to see if the SD card path is included?




Yeah I found the directory from within mx player like you told me to do but it's still showing no videos.....I know I have 2 of them in that specific folder.
22nd June 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #4  
ktsamy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palani / Surat
Thanks Meter: 1,951
 
685 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMJ101

Yeah I found the directory from within mx player like you told me to do but it's still showing no videos.....I know I have 2 of them in that specific folder.

There are some conditions in which your file may not show.

* If your file name starts with . (Dot) it will not be showed by default. Enable show hidden files and folders from Settings 》List

* Your file extension may not be a know video file extension or it may not be listed in the extension list. In that you can add your file extensions in Settings 》 Lists 》File extensions.

* If a file with the name .nomedia presents in a folder or in any of it's parent folders. Disable the option " Recognise nomedia " from Settings 》 Lists

* If you have excluded the path or any of it's parent path in video folders settings. Just go to the Settings 》Lists 》 Video folders. It may happen when you long press on folder & select hide accidentally. If the path of your file or any parent folder is listed in the video folders list in a strike through text, then select it and click show button.

Eg:
consider your file is in "/sdcard/x/y/" folder. If the same folder or any parent folder (like "/sdcard/" or "/sdcard/x/") is set as hidden in video folders or it contains a file with the name ".nomedia", then it will not be showed.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
MX Player SD Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

There are some conditions in which your file may not show.

* If your file name starts with . (Dot) it will not be showed by default. Enable show hidden files and folders from Settings 》List

* Your file extension may not be a know video file extension or it may not be listed in the extension list. In that you can add your file extensions in Settings 》 Lists 》File extensions.

* If a file with the name .nomedia presents in a folder or in any of it's parent folders. Disable the option " Recognise nomedia " from Settings 》 Lists

* If you have excluded the path or any of it's parent path in video folders settings. Just go to the Settings 》Lists 》 Video folders. It may happen when you long press on folder & select hide accidentally. If the path of your file or any parent folder is listed in the video folders list in a strike through text, then select it and click show button.

Eg:
consider your file is in "/sdcard/x/y/" folder. If the same folder or any parent folder (like "/sdcard/" or "/sdcard/x/") is set as hidden in video folders or it contains a file with the name ".nomedia", then it will not be showed.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk



BINGO!!!!!

I unchecked the "Recognise nomedia " option and BAM! my videos showed up in the list.....Thanks alot guys
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes