PGS subtitle from BluRay rip

OP clunesy

23rd July 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi there,

first of all - kudos on an excellent app. I've found a tiny flaw in the implementation of PGS subtitle overlays. if you rip a 1080p Bluray disc to a 720p mkv file, the PGS subtitles are preserved untouched, but they still contain the 1080p screen position coordinates. When you view the video, the subtitle appears aligned to the bottom right. All of the geometry controls for the subtitle work except position. You can scale it up and down but it just grows from the bottom right corner. VLC does this as well.

It would be great if you could tweak it so the the position / centering function worked for PGS subtitles when they're used on resized video.

let me know if you need a test sample.

thanks again for the app

Clunesy.
24th July 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 167

241 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clunesy

Hi there,

first of all - kudos on an excellent app. I've found a tiny flaw in the implementation of PGS subtitle overlays. if you rip a 1080p Bluray disc to a 720p mkv file, the PGS subtitles are preserved untouched, but they still contain the 1080p screen position coordinates. When you view the video, the subtitle appears aligned to the bottom right. All of the geometry controls for the subtitle work except position. You can scale it up and down but it just grows from the bottom right corner. VLC does this as well.

It would be great if you could tweak it so the the position / centering function worked for PGS subtitles when they're used on resized video.

let me know if you need a test sample.

thanks again for the app

Clunesy.

Hi,

Subtitle resolution issue is fixed on latest beta version.
Please check it out: https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build

Thanks
7th August 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888

Hi,

Subtitle resolution issue is fixed on latest beta version.
Please check it out:

Thanks

Hi guys - thanks for this.

Sadly as far as I can tell in this development version and the new shipping version, PGS subtitles don't display at all....

any ideas?
7th August 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #4  

241 posts
Quote:

Sadly as far as I can tell in this development version and the new shipping version, PGS subtitles don't display at all....

any ideas?

Hmm. Did you turn on pgs subtitle from subtitle track selection menu?
And then would you give me a sample video clip? All my videos having PGS subtitle works with no problem.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:

any ideas?

@clunesy Also check version from About window if it is 1.7.29.20140806
11th August 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Hmm. Did you turn on pgs subtitle from subtitle track selection menu?
And then would you give me a sample video clip? All my videos having PGS subtitle works with no problem.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

@clunesy Also check version from About window if it is 1.7.29.20140806

Ah - updated again. All seems good now!
Mini - request - when you pinch zoom the video, the subtitles resize and can disappear off the bottom. Can they be overlaid downstream of the zoom? Cheers!
11th August 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #6  

241 posts
Quote:

Ah - updated again. All seems good now!
Mini - request - when you pinch zoom the video, the subtitles resize and can disappear off the bottom. Can they be overlaid downstream of the zoom? Cheers!

Try menu > subtitle > settings > layout tab > fit subtitles into video size > OFF
11th August 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Try menu > subtitle > settings > layout tab > fit subtitles into video size > OFF

Perfect. Many thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread