Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 42,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PGS subtitle from BluRay rip

Tip us?
 
clunesy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default PGS subtitle from BluRay rip

Hi there,

first of all - kudos on an excellent app. I've found a tiny flaw in the implementation of PGS subtitle overlays. if you rip a 1080p Bluray disc to a 720p mkv file, the PGS subtitles are preserved untouched, but they still contain the 1080p screen position coordinates. When you view the video, the subtitle appears aligned to the bottom right. All of the geometry controls for the subtitle work except position. You can scale it up and down but it just grows from the bottom right corner. VLC does this as well.

It would be great if you could tweak it so the the position / centering function worked for PGS subtitles when they're used on resized video.

let me know if you need a test sample.

thanks again for the app

Clunesy.
 
bleu8888
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 239
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by clunesy View Post
Hi there,

first of all - kudos on an excellent app. I've found a tiny flaw in the implementation of PGS subtitle overlays. if you rip a 1080p Bluray disc to a 720p mkv file, the PGS subtitles are preserved untouched, but they still contain the 1080p screen position coordinates. When you view the video, the subtitle appears aligned to the bottom right. All of the geometry controls for the subtitle work except position. You can scale it up and down but it just grows from the bottom right corner. VLC does this as well.

It would be great if you could tweak it so the the position / centering function worked for PGS subtitles when they're used on resized video.

let me know if you need a test sample.

thanks again for the app

Clunesy.
Hi,

Subtitle resolution issue is fixed on latest beta version.
Please check it out: https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build

Thanks
MX Player Developer
 
clunesy
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Hi,

Subtitle resolution issue is fixed on latest beta version.
Please check it out:

Thanks
Hi guys - thanks for this.

Sadly as far as I can tell in this development version and the new shipping version, PGS subtitles don't display at all....

any ideas?
 
bleu8888
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 239
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by clunesy View Post
Hi guys - thanks for this.

Sadly as far as I can tell in this development version and the new shipping version, PGS subtitles don't display at all....

any ideas?
Hmm. Did you turn on pgs subtitle from subtitle track selection menu?
And then would you give me a sample video clip? All my videos having PGS subtitle works with no problem.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clunesy View Post
Hi guys - thanks for this.

Sadly as far as I can tell in this development version and the new shipping version, PGS subtitles don't display at all....

any ideas?
@clunesy Also check version from About window if it is 1.7.29.20140806
MX Player Developer
 
clunesy
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Hmm. Did you turn on pgs subtitle from subtitle track selection menu?
And then would you give me a sample video clip? All my videos having PGS subtitle works with no problem.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------


@clunesy Also check version from About window if it is 1.7.29.20140806
Ah - updated again. All seems good now!
Mini - request - when you pinch zoom the video, the subtitles resize and can disappear off the bottom. Can they be overlaid downstream of the zoom? Cheers!
 
bleu8888
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 239
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by clunesy View Post
Ah - updated again. All seems good now!
Mini - request - when you pinch zoom the video, the subtitles resize and can disappear off the bottom. Can they be overlaid downstream of the zoom? Cheers!
Try menu > subtitle > settings > layout tab > fit subtitles into video size > OFF
MX Player Developer
 
clunesy
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
Try menu > subtitle > settings > layout tab > fit subtitles into video size > OFF
Perfect. Many thanks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more