[Bug Report] Thumbnail cache limited?

OP DualJoe

14th November 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
DE
Thanks Meter: 559

1,356 posts
@bleu8888:
I've noticed that thumbnail caching acts kinda weird especially when you use the 'Quit' button (or kill the app by system settings). Currently it only caches one video here (the one on the bottom on the attached video). The behavior is dynamic though. Sometimes it caches, sometimes it does not. You probably won't notice it if you leave the player by 'back' or 'home' button. This seems completely independent from existent network/cifs folders. Can you confirm this behavior?
Attached Files
File Type: zip mxplayer-quit-cache.zip - [Click for QR Code] (705.1 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by DualJoe; 25th November 2014 at 01:35 PM.
25th November 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 206

273 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJoe

@bleu8888:
I've noticed that thumbnail caching acts kinda weird especially when you use the 'Quit' button (or kill the app by system settings). Currently it only caches one video here (the one on the bottom on the attached video). The behavior is dynamic though. Sometimes it caches, sometimes it does not. You probably won't notice it if you leave the player by 'back' or 'home' button. This seems completely independent from existent network/cifs folders. Can you confirm this behavior?

MX Player keep track of thumbnail list on an internal database.
This database looks like being corrupted when app is closed forcibly.
Database will be changed more robust on next version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
DE
Thanks Meter: 559

1,356 posts
I've wiped app settings and it's working again. I also had a folder conflict (/sdcard/Android/data and /external_sd/Android/data) that was bind mounted (mirrored) manually. Currently it's working again properly (after fixing that). But the bug always needed some time to come back. Will see... Thanks so far.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread