URL-Link on the Desktop

OP Magistus Obnoticus

22nd April 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi,

I want to have a link to a radiostation (sorry, I'm not allowed to post the URL, it is an mp3-file) on the desktop (homescreen) and when I klick on this link I want, that MX plays it. I can open this URL direct in MX, but I can not find how I can create such a link. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Magistus...

PS: Sorry for my bad english!
23rd April 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 90

404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistus Obnoticus

Hi,

I want to have a link to a radiostation (sorry, I'm not allowed to post the URL, it is an mp3-file) on the desktop (homescreen) and when I klick on this link I want, that MX plays it. I can open this URL direct in MX, but I can not find how I can create such a link. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Magistus...

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

Unfortunately, MX Player doesn't have any desktop widgets.

However, you could probably simulate what you want by using Tasker and creating a Tasker process + widget, and using Tasker to access teh MX Player API (here: https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/api )
The Following User Says Thank You to CDB-Man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #3  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 34

183 posts
Donate to Me
More
If MX Player is able to parse the link then it's likely able to be set as default for it, say if you'd be using the share button for it.
If you're able to open the link with MX Player, you could probably use a custom launcher to make the link a shortcut on your homescreen and use MX Player as default to open it.

I couldn't recommend you a specific launcher for this, I don't use one at the moment. 4 years ago I was doing something similar using LauncherPro, but I'm not sure that's maintained anymore. I'm sure many launchers have built off LauncherPro's source though so I'm sure there'll be a good, free launcher available that does this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread