Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 53,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

URL-Link on the Desktop

Tip us?

Magistus Obnoticus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default URL-Link on the Desktop

Hi,

I want to have a link to a radiostation (sorry, I'm not allowed to post the URL, it is an mp3-file) on the desktop (homescreen) and when I klick on this link I want, that MX plays it. I can open this URL direct in MX, but I can not find how I can create such a link. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Magistus...

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistus Obnoticus View Post
Hi,

I want to have a link to a radiostation (sorry, I'm not allowed to post the URL, it is an mp3-file) on the desktop (homescreen) and when I klick on this link I want, that MX plays it. I can open this URL direct in MX, but I can not find how I can create such a link. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Magistus...

PS: Sorry for my bad english!
Unfortunately, MX Player doesn't have any desktop widgets.

However, you could probably simulate what you want by using Tasker and creating a Tasker process + widget, and using Tasker to access teh MX Player API (here: https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/api )
MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support
MX Player Sub-forum
Welcome thread and FAQ -- Feature Requests list
Please hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.
For bugs or glitches, always include an MX Log Collector report.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

The Following User Says Thank You to CDB-Man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Logic_
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
If MX Player is able to parse the link then it's likely able to be set as default for it, say if you'd be using the share button for it.
If you're able to open the link with MX Player, you could probably use a custom launcher to make the link a shortcut on your homescreen and use MX Player as default to open it.

I couldn't recommend you a specific launcher for this, I don't use one at the moment. 4 years ago I was doing something similar using LauncherPro, but I'm not sure that's maintained anymore. I'm sure many launchers have built off LauncherPro's source though so I'm sure there'll be a good, free launcher available that does this.
[Bootloader] 0.33.0012
[Recovery] RA-passion-v2.2.1
[ROM] [GRK39F] N1 2.3.6 OTA ROM v2 (deodex, root, zipalign., busybox, A2SD, TBAlert)
[Kernel] Stock
[Radio] 4.06.00.12_7
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]