Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,255 Members 52,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird interface pop up issue while increasig decreasing brightness and volume

Tip us?

Atharkhan101
Old
(Last edited by Atharkhan101; 17th August 2014 at 03:11 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Weird interface pop up issue while increasig decreasing brightness and volume

Hello,

While watching video on MX player and when i try to increase/decrease volume and brightness with one finger slide, player is popping up the interface which is very annoying. This only happening on my phone (Micromax canvas 4 A210). My friends handsets of samsung and other models works fine----no interface popups, direct with one finger slide increase decease brightness and volume.

I tried the below troubleshooting steps and no luck:

1. Restarted phone
2. Checked all MX player settings
3. Installed MX player codec (ARMV7)
4. Force stopped and cleared cache and data
5. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
6. Tried few older versions as well.

Is this a device specific issue ?

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,514

DONATE TO ME
Disable System audio panel from Settings 》Audio. It won't appear again.
Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped
We are spending our valuable time for you without any cost.

wjharing
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, is there also a way to disable the message, when you increase the volume above 10, when headset is plugged in? Every morning and evening I have to increase volume to 13, and have to deal with this message. Message would make more sense once you exceed the default max of 15.

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjharing View Post
Hi, is there also a way to disable the message, when you increase the volume above 10, when headset is plugged in? Every morning and evening I have to increase volume to 13, and have to deal with this message. Message would make more sense once you exceed the default max of 15.
It's android's internal alert. I think it can't be disabled in the current version. But, I am not sure that whether it's possible to disable it permanently or not.
@bleu8888
Is there any workarounds?
Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped
We are spending our valuable time for you without any cost.

bleu8888
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy View Post
It's android's internal alert. I think it can't be disabled in the current version. But, I am not sure that whether it's possible to disable it permanently or not.
@bleu8888
Is there any workarounds?
No, there is no workaround because this message is not from application process but from Android audio system service. And Google did not make any way to remove it because this is violation to EU regulation.
MX Player Developer

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 74
See also this from the Welcome thread FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man View Post
Question: "My volume is stuck at 50% and won't go higher, why?"
Answer: Blame Google. See this: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mx...GAo/discussion
Quote of answer from original Google Groups thread:

This is an Android system "feature". Google added it to comply with EU laws. The EU requires companies to warn of "excessive volume on headphones" to protect your hearing.

If you go into MX Player Settings -> Audio -> Enable System Volume Panel, this will bring up the Android system volume panel whenever you change volume. This will bring up that volume warning at 50% that you see in other apps, so that you can clear it.

The reason this doesn't show in MX Player normally is because MX Player doesn't use the Android system volume panel by default. MX uses its own volume panel, the much cleaner, smaller one that we are used to seeing.

The warning shows up on Google Play Music because that app uses the system volume. If you are on headphones with any other app that uses the Android system volume panel, you would see the same warning.

Note that you'll have to manually acknowledge that warning every time you restart the device, as the phone system does not "remember" that you cleared it when the device restarts.
MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support
MX Player Sub-forum
Welcome thread and FAQ -- Feature Requests list
Please hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.
For bugs or glitches, always include an MX Log Collector report.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more