Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Weird interface pop up issue while increasig decreasing brightness and volume

17th August 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

72 posts
Hello,

While watching video on MX player and when i try to increase/decrease volume and brightness with one finger slide, player is popping up the interface which is very annoying. This only happening on my phone (Micromax canvas 4 A210). My friends handsets of samsung and other models works fine----no interface popups, direct with one finger slide increase decease brightness and volume.

I tried the below troubleshooting steps and no luck:

1. Restarted phone
2. Checked all MX player settings
3. Installed MX player codec (ARMV7)
4. Force stopped and cleared cache and data
5. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
6. Tried few older versions as well.

Is this a device specific issue ?
Last edited by Atharkhan101; 17th August 2014 at 03:11 PM.
17th August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Palani / Surat
Thanks Meter: 1,531

502 posts
Donate to Me
More
Disable System audio panel from Settings 》Audio. It won't appear again.
21st August 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Hi, is there also a way to disable the message, when you increase the volume above 10, when headset is plugged in? Every morning and evening I have to increase volume to 13, and have to deal with this message. Message would make more sense once you exceed the default max of 15.
21st August 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Palani / Surat
Thanks Meter: 1,531

502 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjharing

Hi, is there also a way to disable the message, when you increase the volume above 10, when headset is plugged in? Every morning and evening I have to increase volume to 13, and have to deal with this message. Message would make more sense once you exceed the default max of 15.

It's android's internal alert. I think it can't be disabled in the current version. But, I am not sure that whether it's possible to disable it permanently or not.
@bleu8888
Is there any workarounds?
21st August 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 163

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

It's android's internal alert. I think it can't be disabled in the current version. But, I am not sure that whether it's possible to disable it permanently or not.
@bleu8888
Is there any workarounds?

No, there is no workaround because this message is not from application process but from Android audio system service. And Google did not make any way to remove it because this is violation to EU regulation.
22nd August 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 83

359 posts
More
See also this from the Welcome thread FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB-Man

Question: "My volume is stuck at 50% and won't go higher, why?"
Answer: Blame Google. See this: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mx...GAo/discussion
Quote of answer from original Google Groups thread:

This is an Android system "feature". Google added it to comply with EU laws. The EU requires companies to warn of "excessive volume on headphones" to protect your hearing.

If you go into MX Player Settings -> Audio -> Enable System Volume Panel, this will bring up the Android system volume panel whenever you change volume. This will bring up that volume warning at 50% that you see in other apps, so that you can clear it.

The reason this doesn't show in MX Player normally is because MX Player doesn't use the Android system volume panel by default. MX uses its own volume panel, the much cleaner, smaller one that we are used to seeing.

The warning shows up on Google Play Music because that app uses the system volume. If you are on headphones with any other app that uses the Android system volume panel, you would see the same warning.

Note that you'll have to manually acknowledge that warning every time you restart the device, as the phone system does not "remember" that you cleared it when the device restarts.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread