Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Resolved] MX Player support for Android 4.4.3

Tip us?

eesheesh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Resolved] MX Player support for Android 4.4.3

Hi,

According to AndroidPolice and other sources (sorry, can't link), Android 4.4.3 is coming.

Will MX Player work on this version or is an update necessary?

Thanks!

scientific calculator
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Sure, no reason why it should not work. MX Player requires Android 2.1 and above...
The only calculator that lets you work with fractions!
Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XGJby4eak8

eesheesh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scientific calculator View Post
Sure, no reason why it should not work. MX Player requires Android 2.1 and above...
I can't add a link because I'm a new user, but there was a relatively long delay (more than a week if I understand correctly) until Android 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 support was added when they were released. Users got a dialog saying "Unsupported android version" and MX Player wouldn't load. Only when MX Player v1.7.21 was released it started working again.

You can Google "mx player unsupported android version" for references.

I just want to know the current version already supports Android 4.4.3 or is it going to show the same error.

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eesheesh View Post
I can't add a link because I'm a new user, but there was a relatively long delay (more than a week if I understand correctly) until Android 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 support was added when they were released. Users got a dialog saying "Unsupported android version" and MX Player wouldn't load. Only when MX Player v1.7.21 was released it started working again.

You can Google "mx player unsupported android version" for references.

I just want to know the current version already supports Android 4.4.3 or is it going to show the same error.

Actually that was not a version issue but an incompatibility issue with Android internal module.
MX Player uses many Android private modules to improve playback performance.
Sometimes this private modules changes and then this message will be showed up.

In that case, audio module was changed so the developer has been forced to rewrite entire audio output codes.

That's why there was a delay.
MX Player will be compatible with android 4.4.3 if there is no major changes in Internal Module.
Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped
We are spending our valuable time for you without any cost.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktsamy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CDB-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 47
ktsamy is correct. Even if the developer ( @bleu8888 ) were to force compatibility, it could potentially result in no audio at all for example.
Be sure to hit Thanks when someone helps you out!

MX Player sub-forum Moderator; Primary User Support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player

The Developer/Owner of MX Player is bleu8888. Please post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum for support.

I do not answer MX Player questions in PM. Post a thread in the MX Player sub-forum if you need support.

bleu8888
Old
Thanks Meter 88
In previous versions, most problem was from incompatibility of audio output module.
With the latest version of MX Player, the compatibility was improved. Therefore I hope it works without additional patch.
MX Player Developer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Logic_
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
There is of course no way to say for sure but going by the details that were leaked this will be a minor update and certainly not a big overhaul.
I doubt android devs will have tampered with those modules again since quite a few apps rely on those and it's not worth breaking compatibility again unless they're having to make some major changes.
[Bootloader] 0.33.0012
[Recovery] RA-passion-v2.2.1
[ROM] [GRK39F] N1 2.3.6 OTA ROM v2 (deodex, root, zipalign., busybox, A2SD, TBAlert)
[Kernel] Stock
[Radio] 4.06.00.12_7
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skttrbrain
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Info 2 [WIP] Unsupported Android Version Error on 4.4.3

..so please update the app to support it! Getting the typical "Unsupported android version" message.

ktsamy
Old
Thanks Meter 1212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skttrbrain View Post
..so please update the app to support it! Getting the typical "Unsupported android version" message.
Google keeps on changing it's internal modules. That's why we are facing problems. Wait for the update.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Regards,
KTSamy

Hit Thanks if I helped
We are spending our valuable time for you without any cost.

bleu8888
Old
(Last edited by bleu8888; 3rd June 2014 at 06:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Would you send system log using MX log collector after launching MX Player and getting "unsupported.." message?
4.4.3 is not yet available either on my device and Android emulator.
MX Log collector is available on Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.logcollector

-------- Update --------
I got upgrade myself. Please don't send log.
MX Player Developer

The Following User Says Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]