Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zoom L/R independantly for Side By Side videos in Google Cardboard

Tip us?

tburn76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Zoom L/R independantly for Side By Side videos in Google Cardboard

Hi All
I have some side by side (3D) videos on my phone, and Id like to watch them in MX player using my Google cardboard.
At the moment, The video takes up the whole screen, and the field of view of the cardboard is to small to see the whole video.
If I zoom out, It zooms from the middle of the screen, which obviously screws up the image, as it's no longer in the center of your eye.
Id like a way to zoom out from the center of each half of the screen, so the video would split in the middle.
Is this possible?
Thanks,
Tommy

bleu8888
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburn76 View Post
Hi All
I have some side by side (3D) videos on my phone, and Id like to watch them in MX player using my Google cardboard.
At the moment, The video takes up the whole screen, and the field of view of the cardboard is to small to see the whole video.
If I zoom out, It zooms from the middle of the screen, which obviously screws up the image, as it's no longer in the center of your eye.
Id like a way to zoom out from the center of each half of the screen, so the video would split in the middle.
Is this possible?
Thanks,
Tommy
We will check out Google Cardboard.
Thanks
MX Player Developer

benoitb85
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888 View Post
We will check out Google Cardboard.
Thanks
I second the request, it would be great to be able to use MX player with google cardboard (or other VR headsets) to either watch 2D videos like on a big screen and 3D SBS videos.