Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more
Thread Closed

Zoom L/R independantly for Side By Side videos in Google Cardboard

OP tburn76

27th August 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi All
I have some side by side (3D) videos on my phone, and Id like to watch them in MX player using my Google cardboard.
At the moment, The video takes up the whole screen, and the field of view of the cardboard is to small to see the whole video.
If I zoom out, It zooms from the middle of the screen, which obviously screws up the image, as it's no longer in the center of your eye.
Id like a way to zoom out from the center of each half of the screen, so the video would split in the middle.
Is this possible?
Thanks,
Tommy
28th August 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 167

241 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburn76

Hi All
I have some side by side (3D) videos on my phone, and Id like to watch them in MX player using my Google cardboard.
At the moment, The video takes up the whole screen, and the field of view of the cardboard is to small to see the whole video.
If I zoom out, It zooms from the middle of the screen, which obviously screws up the image, as it's no longer in the center of your eye.
Id like a way to zoom out from the center of each half of the screen, so the video would split in the middle.
Is this possible?
Thanks,
Tommy

We will check out Google Cardboard.
Thanks
30th August 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bacon le Gruyère
Thanks Meter: 12

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888

We will check out Google Cardboard.
Thanks

I second the request, it would be great to be able to use MX player with google cardboard (or other VR headsets) to either watch 2D videos like on a big screen and 3D SBS videos.
25th September 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I would like to third this. I have a cardboard and some SBS 3d movies. Zooming out so that each side is still centered would be ideal as MX Player is main player for videos.
26th September 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
More
Video #5
I am also looking for a Video Player app that will play the 3D SBS videos with Google Cardboard in a better way. I have the same problem. I would love to be able to zoom out the video so it looks like you are watching the 3D video on a virtual theater screen (just like the YouTube section inside Google Cardboard app). So, for all you talented Developers out there, check out the YouTube section inside the Google Cardboard app. Develop a video player that will mimic that experience. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

If anyone can contact the Developer of MX Player, then ask them to please create a Virtual Reality Cinema mode for MX Player. I believe that this would be the best solution for watching 3D SBS videos with Google Cardboard.
27th September 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 89

404 posts
More
Hi everyone, please post/repost your question/request/comment on the new Sticky thread on this topic. This way, it's more organized and we can more easily get visibility and discussion on this topic.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...ideos-t2888991

This thread will now be locked.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread