Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SpiritFM on Oneplus One

OP tixatixa

11th October 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 3,294

6,425 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okak24

I have OnePlus One and try everything if you need. I really want fm radio to my phone

OK, please do and report your results.

I've put enough information in this thread for a person with the skills needed to test.

But I don't have the time to build kernels or assist people without that skill to build them.

But chances are very small IMO. If there is no stock FM app, it's VERY probable that the FM antenna pin is disabled in hardware by grounding it. I don't even think Oppo has ANY Android devices with FM radio.
11th October 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
It would be very nice to have FM radio in my oneplus one, i really miss it from my Old phone.
I've just bought the cheapest smart phone that i could find on the marked and use that one as a FM radio/media phone.
The best solution would still be that oneplus one had that option, but the other solution works fine for me.
12th October 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Developer

6,425 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compax

It would be very nice to have FM radio in my oneplus one, i really miss it from my Old phone.
I've just bought the cheapest smart phone that i could find on the marked and use that one as a FM radio/media phone.
The best solution would still be that oneplus one had that option, but the other solution works fine for me.

If that works for you, then that's fine.

But when people do not INSIST on FM when they want it, that is precisely why manufacturers decide their phones don't need FM.

I've heard from a HUGE number of people who want FM, but "love" their phone too much to change it. And then they hope I can perform some kind of magic, LOL.
12th October 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
#Mikereidis
I thought you could do magic...... Naaa just kidding )

As i said in my post, it works fine for me with 2 phones so i do not complain, I just said that it would be nice if oneplus one had an FM radio.

oneplus one is such a cheap phone anyway so i could afford a second one with an FM radio which i use when im at the gym or travling around in other countries so it's not a big deal for me.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

13th November 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

If that works for you, then that's fine.

But when people do not INSIST on FM when they want it, that is precisely why manufacturers decide their phones don't need FM.

I've heard from a HUGE number of people who want FM, but "love" their phone too much to change it. And then they hope I can perform some kind of magic, LOL.

I'm sure people didn't insist because One plus promised FM radio on Reddit AMA (Before launch) alone with stereo speakers etc.. and turned out empty. myself too finding awkward to have 2 phones because i need FM radio.
14th November 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer

6,425 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonx3

I'm sure people didn't insist because One plus promised FM radio on Reddit AMA (Before launch) alone with stereo speakers etc.. and turned out empty. myself too finding awkward to have 2 phones because i need FM radio.

Oh, that's a shame then.

It only takes about 1 cent/penny worth of tiny parts to connect the FM antenna pin to the wired headset jack.

Of course more than 50% of phones sold today lack the same penny worth of parts too. Every recent Nexus, every iPhone, every recent Samsung or Motorola flagship. most flagships sold in North America,...

Software maintenance costs for an FM app could be more than that though, especially for a limited sales device.But if it's a Qualcomm FM/combo chip, Qualcomm has a free, open source app available that's even included in a few CM11 ROMs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread