FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA][2016.05.19] SuperSU v2.74

10,380 posts
Thanks Meter: 72,390

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 5th September 2014, 12:23 PM
View First Unread Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This thread is for SuperSU releases that are still in testing, and are not yet available through the Play store. The main thread for stable SuperSU releases is located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053. The changelogs for test releases is also in that thread, not in this one, to prevent duplicating content.

Please keep track of the version numbers in the thread titles, as the latest test release may not always be newer than the latest stable release.

The latest test release is:
BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip
That is a recovery flashable ZIP (I recommend TWRP). If you want to install via APK, it is also present inside the ZIP, in the common folder.
Last edited by Chainfire; 19th May 2016 at 04:53 PM.
The Following 1,618 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th September 2014, 12:23 PM |#2  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
--- reserved ---
The Following 213 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 02:11 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,656

Donate to Me
More
@Chainfire Does 2.05 beta include SELinux workaround for L that you mentioned in other thread? I guess we could move xposed non related discussion about SELinux here as well.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 04:30 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidIdea

@Chainfire Does 2.05 beta include SELinux workaround for L that you mentioned in other thread? I guess we could move xposed non related discussion about SELinux here as well.

2.05 doesn't yet. I've made a lot of headway with it though, and is now a lot less messy and more reliable than when I last posted in that thread. It's fully working with AOSP tree synced and built today. The question is still if it'll work with retail L - probably, but we just don't know.

The mechanism itself may be able to be employed to fix Xposed as well, but I'd like to have @rovo89 's active input on this to make sure we only drop security where needed and not more than that. I haven't seen him comment on the SELinux stuff in a while though.

The code is pretty much ready to be integrated into SuperSU itself, but I'm not really sure whether I should do so now, or wait for L retail to let it loose on the world.
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 09:53 PM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,656

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

2.05 doesn't yet. I've made a lot of headway with it though, and is now a lot less messy and more reliable than when I last posted in that thread. It's fully working with AOSP tree synced and built today. The question is still if it'll work with retail L - probably, but we just don't know.

The mechanism itself may be able to be employed to fix Xposed as well, but I'd like to have @rovo89 's active input on this to make sure we only drop security where needed and not more than that. I haven't seen him comment on the SELinux stuff in a while though.

The code is pretty much ready to be integrated into SuperSU itself, but I'm not really sure whether I should do so now, or wait for L retail to let it loose on the world.

No pressure. Its up to you if you decide to publish it before L release or not but I will be glad to test it on L and report if functions that I use in my apps work with it. As for xposed in theory these 5 points rovo89 posted should work with "permissive" but I guess he will verify it himself.

Of topic: I understand its beyond su binary but did you even thought about adding an option to start activity in system or root process? Benefits are simpler interaction with system services and improved service life (faster restarts). Let me know if question is not clear.
Last edited by StupidIdea; 5th September 2014 at 10:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 08:57 AM |#6  
Flag Ferrara
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Please remove the "Disable Samsung KNOX popups" request the second time that we open the app, or add an option to remove this message at every start of the app, on many Galaxy S4 with the last 4.4.2 firmware a SystemServer Crash make random reboots after Knox disabled via SuperSU

This xposed module http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...h-fix-t2806046 not always fix the problem.
Last edited by cioce; 8th September 2014 at 09:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cioce For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cioce Ad-Free
8th September 2014, 05:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
CM11s on OnePlus One

Betas 2.04 and 2.05 working like a charm, the autogrand feature didn't work before that.

Thank you for your work!

Suggestion: could you change the default theme from White to Device default? I always use Dark themes and it's kinda frustrating to have to change that on every flash... I think Device default would work great for everyone
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterMind33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MasterMind33 Ad-Free
8th September 2014, 08:55 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cioce

Please remove the "Disable Samsung KNOX popups" request the second time that we open the app, or add an option to remove this message at every start of the app, on many Galaxy S4 with the last 4.4.2 firmware a SystemServer Crash make random reboots after Knox disabled via SuperSU

This xposed module http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...h-fix-t2806046 not always fix the problem.

Not having KNOX disabled and using root in turn can also cause random reboots... so this is a tricky problem, not solved merely by not pressing that button. SuperSU keeps nagging you about it, because really, you have to do this.

Have you tried completely removing the com.sec.knox.seandroid package from your device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind33

CM11s on OnePlus One

Betas 2.04 and 2.05 working like a charm, the autogrand feature didn't work before that.

Thank you for your work!

Suggestion: could you change the default theme from White to Device default? I always use Dark themes and it's kinda frustrating to have to change that on every flash... I think Device default would work great for everyone

The reason device default theme is not selected by default is because a lot of OEMs have some godawful themes set by default that everybody would nag me about ...
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 09:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 444

More
Hmm. I blinked and the master has a new weapon to play with. Superuser apps will always be needed. By the way, Pro could use an update to a nicer icon.
8th September 2014, 09:41 PM |#10  
Flag SLO, CA, USA
Thanks Meter: 2,950

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRL100

Hmm. I blinked and the master has a new weapon to play with. Superuser apps will always be needed. By the way, Pro could use an update to a nicer icon.

#realworldproblems
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 06:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I'm so sad, 1.9.4 stable but after that, whatever I did, keep su binary update rooting... I don't know what problem my device have. Lenovo s930 (kitkat4.4.2). normal update su binary makes me break root, using twrp or cwm su binary update loop. I can use only 1.9.4 without problem.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)