Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 49,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xposed - Legacy thread. Don't panic, Xposed is still here.

Tip us?

zaydaboss
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Can't wait for m8 compatibility

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CosmicDan
Old
Thanks Meter 3802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
Thanks for explaining it, you're absolutely correct. I assume the assumptions came from Saurik's comparison of Cydia Substrate to Xposed, which makes several of such misleading and untrue claims, especially regarding security.

Besides that (and as mentioned in the edit above), I'm working on making only selected methods/fields/classes "public", but the only reason is that there finally was a conflict with an app which did everything right and crash nonetheless. It's basically finished and will very likely be part of the next version.
Maybe security isn't an issue then, it just "seems" like it. I apologize for that. Although the nuked access checks does break quite a bit of code - specifically error trapping and/or API-adaptive methods. But you've already discovered that, so good to hear.

So does your new work no longer require any of this:

Code:
Select Code
// disable some access checks
    patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmCheckClassAccess);
    patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmCheckFieldAccess);
    patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmInSamePackage);
    //if (access(XPOSED_DIR "conf/do_not_hook_dvmCheckMethodAccess", F_OK) != 0)
        patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmCheckMethodAccess);
If so, that's great to hear.

Regarding Cydia, it might be a cleaner/nicer implementation but I wouldn't know, what I do know is that it's not opensource and is less compatible with vendor-modified natives; and Saurik isn't exactly timely in supporting them - so I don't care for it

XtreamerMobile Developer

My GitHub | My Apps on AppBrain

Goodbye Xperia 2011 scene - on to greater things

Current Community Projects:
Turbo Tools - Suspended
TBA...

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franceschiello View Post
I think will be great the possibility to save a list of modules that user had installed ( and also possibly to erase some modules from this list). Because if I reset my device I must remember and after search every time my "favorite" modules.
Sorry for my poor English.
Do you want to have just a list in a text file? Or also automatic reinstalling? I could imagine the former one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaydaboss View Post
Can't wait for m8 compatibility
If I don't know about the problem, you will have to wait a very long time. I searched the thread for m8, but didn't find any real error descriptions. You might need to install via recovery, but that's due to HTC.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13693
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDan View Post
So does your new work no longer require any of this:

Code:
Select Code
// disable some access checks
    patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmCheckClassAccess);
    patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmCheckFieldAccess);
    patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmInSamePackage);
    //if (access(XPOSED_DIR "conf/do_not_hook_dvmCheckMethodAccess", F_OK) != 0)
        patchReturnTrue((uintptr_t) &dvmCheckMethodAccess);
If so, that's great to hear.
Yes, exactly this code will go away. I still need to subclass Resources and access some methods / fields directly, so I just set the "public" bit on them. That will only affect exactly these items.

Warning for CyanogenMod 11 users:
The latest nightly includes the new theming engine. Xposed needs to be adjusted to work with it, so I suggest you don't flash the nightly yet. If you don't want to wait, you can use the experimental setting to disable Xposed's resource API, but some modules will not work then.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Franceschiello
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Do you want to have just a list in a text file? Or also automatic reinstalling? I could imagine the former one...
It will be good also a simple text file with possibility to choose if save in external sd. But watchable from the application.

CosmicDan
Old
Thanks Meter 3802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes, exactly this code will go away. I still need to subclass Resources and access some methods / fields directly, so I just set the "public" bit on them. That will only affect exactly these items.
Great to hear, thanks a lot for the hard work. I just made changes to AccessCheck.cpp in dalvik vm code to provide a "whitelist"-type functionality for the Xposed bridge classes, and that passes our security tests. But your implementation is obviously better for not needing a modified libdvm, and it's probably safer too. Cheers!

XtreamerMobile Developer

My GitHub | My Apps on AppBrain

Goodbye Xperia 2011 scene - on to greater things

Current Community Projects:
Turbo Tools - Suspended
TBA...

9rakers
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Where is the options in the shortcuts? Data on/0ff. Wi-Fi on/0ff. When I taping shorcut data or Wi-Fi i opened menu with settings. PLS data or Wi-Fi on/off.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Orphee
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Hello,
I have a Motorola razr hd xt925 using CM 11 nightly builds.

Xposed framework was working well until latest 04/12 build.
Xposed framework is shown as not active.

I had to revert back to 04/11.

I guess something changed in CM build.

Is it fixable ? Thank you
Motorola RAZR HD (XT925)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 4G/LTE (SM-T805)

The number you have called is not assigned or is not accessible.
Please try again later.

CyberianIce
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Can somebody answer me why I can't run any Xposed newer than 2.3 on OT-6012X? All up to 2.3 works like a charm, but all newer versions put my device in bootloop :/
My Devices:

Current:
SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 Int | TWRP 2.7.0.0 | CM11 ROM
Blueberry NetCat M-12 | CWM 6.2.0.8 | Custom kernel | Custom 4.2.2 ROM

History:

My Contributes:

If you like my work you may donate me for coffie. If you can't, just hit "Thanks" button.

mcbyte_it
Old
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Warning for CyanogenMod 11 users:
The latest nightly includes the new theming engine. Xposed needs to be adjusted to work with it, so I suggest you don't flash the nightly yet. If you don't want to wait, you can use the experimental setting to disable Xposed's resource API, but some modules will not work then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
Is it fixable ? Thank you
Happened to me too, and the tip by rovo89 saved me, disabled the resouce api and now xposed is working again.

In case you need to see the log of the error:

Code:
Select Code
Apr 12, 2014 9:26:00 AM UTC
Loading Xposed v46 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'cm_i9300-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L c8c33dcb0a test-keys' with fingerprint 'samsung/m0xx/m0:4.3/JSS15J/I9300XXUGMJ9:user/release-keys'
Errors during resources initialization
 - android.content.res.Resources android.app.ActivityThread.getTopLevelResources(java.lang.String,java.lang.String[],int,android.content.res.Configuration,android.app.LoadedApk,android.content.Context)
 - public android.content.res.Resources android.app.ResourcesManager.getTopLevelResources(java.lang.String,java.lang.String[],int,java.lang.String,android.content.res.Configuration,android.content.res.CompatibilityInfo,android.os.IBinder,android.content.Context)
Errors during Xposed initialization
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: android.app.ResourcesManager#getTopLevelResources(java.lang.String,int,android.content.res.Configuration,android.content.res.CompatibilityInfo,android.os.IBinder)#exact
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:208)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:155)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:167)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:179)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.hookResources(XposedBridge.java:342)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.initXbridgeZygote(XposedBridge.java:268)
	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:117)
	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Device 1: OnePlus One 64GB (KK 4.4.2 | CM11s)
Device 2: Nexus 10 16GB (KK 4.4.4)
Other projects: ROM Stats v2.0 beta | weekly init.d scripts | Daily Free App @ Amazon (Europe SUPPORTED)

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbyte_it For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe