I'm using SuperSU in case it matters.
The message about manually setting DPI settings was very helpful, thanks! Hope it'll become available in the GUI soon.
1. boot is slowed, even after modifications (can live with it)
2. first hang up on reboot from app during root grant: killed with task manager
3. when try to "Clean up complete remove): hangs, could only shutdown by power button menu. After reboot, clean up works
4. tweakbox: here is my big issue with many confusion with JKay. Some redundant entries with Jkay mod cannot be disabled in tweakbox while other options can. They override the JKay settings. You need to configure them manually in the Tweakbox
- CRT effect: despite not enabling in Tweakbox and not enable the library in Tweakinstaller, it will override and disable JKay CRT off effect. It needs to be set in your app
- SIP: when disabled in your app, JKay can still activate it
- Signal strength: if set on 4 in your app, it is not disabled. When JKay is set to 6 bars, only 4 are shown (ugly icon effect on full signal)
- I use another app to configure long home menu and the tweakbox will override it always
- Battery full notification: did not test it
What I would expected was to be able to disable the parts of code I do not like. For example, CRT: have an option to ignore it in your app so that the Jkay mod does it. Advantage of JKay mod is that settings are immediate, yours needs a reboot
So if you can add an option to enable / disable code instead of toggle function, it will be great. We use parts we like and completely disable other parts
I will try the locale now
Thank you a lot and hope a final release fixes soon these small issues
---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------
I edited the part about signal. Sadly, xposed wins here too. When set on 4, it is not disabled. We end with 6 bars icon on JKay but only 4 max active on full signal
So, all the tweaks are forced and not switchable
Another, but again not very nice approach would be presenting a menu with radio buttons when clicking on the option. This can be considered "ok" for choosing the value, although the current choice should be displayed in more appealing way, maybe using images like a checkmark, cross and a question mark.
After investigating the problem with the hanging reboot button, I'm even more sure than before that this is a SuperSU bug (or incompatibility, as this is a very special situation that I guess no one else uses). As I see an automatic reboot as the last resort, I have asked Chainfire if he can slightly modify a part of a check: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post28380083
So I'm still thinking about other ways of implementing this (or if maybe I can live with anything suggested so far).
|don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|