Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xposed - Legacy thread. Don't panic, Xposed is still here.

Tip us?

vektorq
Old
Thanks Meter 67
rovo89,
2.1.1 works fine. ROM - Helly Bean 4.2 for the SGS II.
Checked PlayStoreLinkInAppInfo10_1357096620_2350.apk and XposedAppSettings009_1358009916_2353.apk (dpi changed from stock browser).
American: Do or die!
Russian: Die, but do!

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdroid View Post
Xposed says its not cpatible with my android SDK version 17 or my processor. I have an optimus s with an armv6 processor and cm 10.1. Not sure how modified cm 10 is to work on this phone.
CM10/10.1 on that device is massively hacked to the point where it will likely never receive nightlies on that device:
https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/MRnnvs3oFUF
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

iluvdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [FRAMEWORK] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs/flashing (2.1.1)(24.01.20

Actually it works!!! The next problem it's getting flash to work
For what I want xposed for, I need flash to use the app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

genei.09
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Latest version allows Xposed App Settings to run on stock Bionic! Great job! One small lingering problem with stock Bionic ROM. The DPI settings don't trigger. This isn't the case with other roms on the same device. I checked the log, but I don't see any error messages.

Alydor
Old
(Last edited by Alydor; 29th January 2013 at 03:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi. I am interesed to use this, only to make icons from destkop smaller and I want to use 49 (7 X7) icons. Do you know what parameter should I change without affect anything else?
I am using Note 1 at 800 X 1280
Thank you in advance.

Teeh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use XposedInstaller and XposedMultiWindow with Rom MA5 device status change from normal to custom.
How to back status to narmal?

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13652
Quote:
Originally Posted by genei.09 View Post
Latest version allows Xposed App Settings to run on stock Bionic! Great job! One small lingering problem with stock Bionic ROM. The DPI settings don't trigger. This isn't the case with other roms on the same device. I checked the log, but I don't see any error messages.
First: Please use this thread instead, here the topic is only the framework. But well.. not sure how much I can help. Maybe if you send me a logcat (via PM) from the start of the device to the start of one app with modified density, I can check it for any hints. Otherwise, it's pretty hard to debug without having the actual device and ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alydor View Post
Hi. I am interesed to use this, only to make icons from destkop smaller and I want to use 49 (7 X7) icons. Do you know what parameter should I change without affect anything else?
I am using Note 1 at 800 X 1280
Thank you in advance.
First: Please use this thread instead, here the topic is only the framework. But if you are refering to App Settings, I don't think this is possible. The density will apply to the whole app. Also, I don't think more rows and columns will be added automatically just because more space is available. So you would have to develop a separate module for that. App Settings is focussed on settings that can be applied to any app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeh View Post
I use XposedInstaller and XposedMultiWindow with Rom MA5 device status change from normal to custom.
How to back status to narmal?
No idea, I don't even know what the "device status" is. The only thing that is modified by Xposed is /system/bin/app_process. Maybe uninstalling - which restores the original file - will bring the status back to normal. If the device remembers that there was a modification once, then again: no idea. I suggest you ask in the forum for your device as people there will probably know better what exactly triggers this status change and how/if it can be reverted. By the way, you need root access to install Xposed - wouldn't that alone be a reason for the device to detect that it is modified?
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 25612

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [FRAMEWORK] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs/flashing (2.1.1)(24.01.20

Ppl who are not using xposed but having rooted device also getting device status modified withing some time after rooting. So there should not be any relation with device status and xposed. That should be new security settings in bootloader by Samsung causing this (may be by detecting root access) If some banking app or lerning hub application can detect your device have root access how samsung can't detect it, simply.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

---Will back soon from a small break ---

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan View Post
Ppl who are not using xposed but having rooted device also getting device status modified withing some time after rooting. So there should not be any relation with device status and xposed. That should be new security settings in bootloader by Samsung causing this (may be by detecting root access) If some banking app or lerning hub application can detect your device have root access how samsung can't detect it, simply.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Someone who still uses Touchwizz should seriously consider targeting SysScope using xposed.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Someone who still uses Touchwizz should seriously consider targeting SysScope using xposed.
It's not the topic of this thread, but.. wouldn't this be the same dilemma as described by Chainfire? http://www.chainfire.eu/articles/118...ay_vs_Samsung/ I do see a point in that... what could be targeted of course are higher-level checks, such as those in certain applications to stop them from working on rooted phones. At least for me, any future attempts to create smarter checks could be circumvented much more easily than checksums or whatever in the bootloader (which I know close to nothing about).
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

Tags
don't ask questions about modules here!!!, framework, xposed
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe