Post your case or accessories that you bought here.

Search This thread

arcadesdude

Feb 14, 2012
Tempered glass screen protector

For those of you who bought the tempered glass screen protector
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KDD0PHC/

Did you remove the original preapplied screen protector the phone came with? Or did you leave it on and apply the glass protector on top?

I've ordered it but haven't received it yet, currently using the original screen protector and the one the cyclops case came with over it. Only downside is that dust gets into the top between the two screen protectors. I'm thinking the glass protector will alleviate that problem. So I'm not sure if I should remove the original screen protector the phone came with. So did you remove it? If not why?

UPDATE: when installing installing the tempereed glass screen protector I took off the cyclops case screen protector and the original preapplied screen protector. The tempered glass protector fits perfectly and has a better feel than the plastic... plus no dust underneath now!

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Coffee Freak

Sep 22, 2014
Boykins, VA.
Tempered glass screen protector

For those of you who bought the tempered glass screen protector
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KDD0PHC/

Did you remove the original preapplied screen protector the phone came with? Or did you leave it on and apply the glass protector on top?

I've ordered it but haven't received it yet, currently using the original screen protector and the one the cyclops case came with over it. Only downside is that dust gets into the top between the two screen protectors. I'm thinking the glass protector will alleviate that problem. So I'm not sure if I should remove the original screen protector the phone came with. So did you remove it? If not why?

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

I removed the pre applied screen protector and the one that came in the cyclops case. Just using the tempered glass screen protector with the cyclops. Working excellent.
You don't even know you have a screen protector installed. Responsiveness is excellent. I tried it with leaving the cyclops case screen protector on and that sucked the dock icons and typing weren't responsive and I had to push harder. Was annoying.

Sent from my MT2L03

Reactions: arcadesdude

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
I removed the pre applied screen protector and the one that came in the cyclops case. Just using the tempered glass screen protector with the cyclops. Working excellent.
You don't even know you have a screen protector installed. Responsiveness is excellent. I tried it with leaving the cyclops case screen protector on and that sucked the dock icons and typing weren't responsive and I had to push harder. Was annoying.

Sent from my MT2L03

How in the hell do you remove this case? LOL

Coffee Freak

Sep 22, 2014
Boykins, VA.
How in the hell do you remove this case? LOL

It's not easy. Be careful you can mess it up, damage it. Unhook the tabs on one side, work around from one corner pulling away the rubber from the little tabs on the plastic face piece till you get it loose all the way around. It's a pain in the ass but it makes me feel more comfortable about it survival in a fall.

Sent from my MT2L03

Reactions: arcadesdude

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net
new case

look what I found hidden on eBay
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LUXURY-Alumi...-Honor-G730-610-C8816-X1-Mate2-/171445201376?

I just ordered the light blue one. I will take a pic when i get it. I have the trident case right now and it works great but just getting tired of the same'o same'o. Took it off and put on my other case (nillkin white frosted matte) but it does not protect the edges and I'm scared it will break when I drop it. This Aluminum metal bumper case might be just what I'm looking for.

Coffee Freak

Sep 22, 2014
Boykins, VA.
look what I found hidden on eBay
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LUXURY-Alumi...-Honor-G730-610-C8816-X1-Mate2-/171445201376?

I just ordered the light blue one. I will take a pic when i get it. I have the trident case right now and it works great but just getting tired of the same'o same'o. Took it off and put on my other case (nillkin white frosted matte) but it does not protect the edges and I'm scared it will break when I drop it. This Aluminum metal bumper case might be just what I'm looking for.

Would make it look like a Note 4.

Sent from my MT2L03

ecvision

Feb 16, 2013
I bought a tpu cover for my US mate 2 and I noticed that the micro usb plug was offset closer to the edge than the opening of the cover. Luckily tpu is soft and easy to trim with a blade. I wonder if the Chinese variant has the USB plug a tad further from the edge. Let us know if that metal trim clears the usb , I'll buy a couple as soon as that is verified. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: icyboyice

isarebe

Feb 22, 2013
I bought a tpu cover for my US mate 2 and I noticed that the micro usb plug was offset closer to the edge than the opening of the cover. Luckily tpu is soft and easy to trim with a blade. I wonder if the Chinese variant has the USB plug a tad further from the edge. Let us know if that metal trim clears the usb , I'll buy a couple as soon as that is verified. Thanks.

Same thing with the TPU case I have. My guess is the same yours, that the Chinese version has the micro usb port more to the center of the bottom of the phone.

superbass311, let us know how the aluminum bumper lines up with the usb port.

UepMcAi.jpg

Last edited:

oncouch1

Oct 6, 2010
I bought the aluminum guard off eBay and yes the port is too much towards center and too thin for original charge cord. I used a dremel to open it up, now all is right. I really like it.

The phone itself is tough! It was in my saddle bag when I crashed, the bag opened up a phone flew out when I retrieved it no damage! That was prior to aluminum.

By the way tempered glass screen protectors are nice I just screed up installation, allowed one flipping piece of dust and could get it right may have to get another but just using plastic one that came with aluminum.

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net
will do. it will be about 20 days since it's coming from China. that would suck as I'm sitting here looking at my Nillkin case is also a little off!

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I bought the aluminum guard off eBay and yes the port is too much towards center and too thin for original charge cord. I used a dremel to open it up, now all is right. I really like it.

The phone itself is tough! It was in my saddle bag when I crashed, the bag opened up a phone flew out when I retrieved it no damage! That was prior to aluminum.

By the way tempered glass screen protectors are nice I just screed up installation, allowed one flipping piece of dust and could get it right may have to get another but just using plastic one that came with aluminum.

Can you take a picture of your aluminum case. sounds like I'll be doing some modding

oncouch1

Oct 6, 2010
OK due to size restrictions and the crappy can on my t7s tab I hope you can see how far mine was off.

Attachments

• IMG_20141022_161819.JPG
    IMG_20141022_161819.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 334

oncouch1

Oct 6, 2010
Looks bad cause I was in a hurry, if you get the silver one won't be as bad. I do like it no matter how hidious!

icyboyice

Dec 20, 2012
Same thing with the TPU case I have. My guess is the same yours, that the Chinese version has the micro usb port more to the center of the bottom of the phone.

superbass311, let us know how the aluminum bumper lines up with the usb port.

UepMcAi.jpg

Can you take a picture to see how far off the charging port is on those tpu cases ? Think I wanna order one despite this small inconvenience .

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net
Can you take a picture to see how far off the charging port is on those tpu cases ? Think I wanna order one despite this small inconvenience .

I don't know what a tpu case is but here is a few pictures of the Nillkin Frosted Matte Hard Case and the charger cut out is off a little bit. I'm sure its the same with all the cases from overseas. Because this case is so slim it has no effect on connecting the micro usb. I was not even aware it was off until I read something on this thread. However my Trident Cyclops Hard Case aligns perfectly. And I ordered a aluminum bumper and i'm curious to see if that is going to be off. Another user above said his was off. However if it is I'm going to use a dremel (u can get one for $9.00 at Harbor Freight if you don't have one) to expand the cutout a little further. If you look at the attached pics you can see its only off a little to the left.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/an389r7pcjwghkr/AABv2WjZwLNLGJjAzdJ2qEj1a?dl=0

icyboyice

Dec 20, 2012
I don't know what a tpu case is but here is a few pictures of the Nillkin Frosted Matte Hard Case and the charger cut out is off a little bit. I'm sure its the same with all the cases from overseas. Because this case is so slim it has no effect on connecting the micro usb. I was not even aware it was off until I read something on this thread. However my Trident Cyclops Hard Case aligns perfectly. And I ordered a aluminum bumper and i'm curious to see if that is going to be off. Another user above said his was off. However if it is I'm going to use a dremel (u can get one for $9.00 at Harbor Freight if you don't have one) to expand the cutout a little further. If you look at the attached pics you can see its only off a little to the left.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/an389r7pcjwghkr/AABv2WjZwLNLGJjAzdJ2qEj1a?dl=0

Oh ok , thanks for the pics . It seems that all of the cases that come from Asia , are designed for the mt2-l05 & mt2-u071 (in which the charging port is offset closer to the middle a bit , confirmed by others in this thread as well . They have a 4050mah battery, maybe that's the cause of the port relocation..?) . The only third party case fitted for our mt2-l03 is the trident cyclops one . I've attached a pic of the tpu (hard rubbery-silicone) case I ordered and will have to alter a bit once I receive it . This is the only case I like that provides a balance between full overall protection and not being too hefty . The Nilkin frosted shell doesn't interfere with the tempered glass I'm guessing since its so slim , correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-24-17-38-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-24-17-38-48.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net
I have one on now. This is what I bought. Works great. Actually dropped my phone hard the first week and cracked and did its job great. So technically this is the 2nd one I bought. hahaha...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MPSEBSW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Oh ok , thanks for the pics . It seems that all of the cases that come from Asia , are designed for the mt2-l05 & mt2-u071 (in which the charging port is offset closer to the middle a bit , confirmed by others in this thread as well . They have a 4050mah battery, maybe that's the cause of the port relocation..?) . The only third party case fitted for our mt2-l03 is the trident cyclops one . I've attached a pic of the tpu (hard rubbery-silicone) case I ordered and will have to alter a bit once I receive it . This is the only case I like that provides a balance between full overall protection and not being too hefty . The Nilkin frosted shell doesn't interfere with the tempered glass I'm guessing since its so slim , correct?

give me a link to order one. i wana add it to my collection. look interesting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lets post a photo of the case we bought for this lovely device which always last 3 days of battery life, I haven't bought on but I bought a tempered glass still waiting for it, I am tempered glass believer saved my iPhone 5s twice, first one hit a rock dead on the screen when it fell off the roof of my Vensa, tempered glass spider crack, when I removed it iPhone 5s is still flawless, next one same thing. Can't wait for it to arrived for my Huawei Ascend Mate 2.

FYI if you are going to buy a new HAM2 on amazon, add the reverse charger and it will add the HAM2 unit then on the final step during checkout the reverse charger will be free. I know you get a sim card and a NET 10 $50 unlimited all for a month if you buy it from gethuawei but I like amazon's easy 30days return policy and 2 days prime shipping.

Ok lets go back to posting your case thanks
    I've had my Mate 2 since early May, I ordered one on aliexpress since I had nearly $200 in coupon codes from a vendor that messed up from a motherboard sale. I have the MT2-L05 where the ones sold in North America are MT2-L03 (if I'm not mistaken). I originally got the nillkin super frosted shield case and the anti explosion glass screen protector. Everything was well until about a month in I dropped the phone face down on aggregate. The case did very little to protect the phone, there were a few chips on the screen protector, and a chip to the silver bezel surrounding the screen/phone. After a few days use some small cracks appeared on the screen protector and eventually across the whole width of the screen protector. I ordered another nillkin tempered glass protector and the Trident case. Popped out the stock screen protector from the Trident and used it with the nillkin one. Looks great and I love the feel of the tempered glass. Pretty sure the screen protector saved my brand new phone so I'm quite happy that I got it.
    Trident Cyclops Case - a few pics
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KDD0PHC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

FYI - for best installation of the tempered glass screen protector i took the advice of someone that had installed it already. Take phone and package for screen protector into the bathroom turn on faucet and shower warm or at least hot enough to build up steam. Screen protector comes with microfiber cloth and alcohol swab to prepare the phone for installation. Pull three tab for the adhesive side hover over phone and align screen protector slowly bring it to the phone and once it touches tap in the center once and three screen will within seconds attach to all 4 corners. If its not perfect no worries. bubbles and aligned perfectly by the next day by the trident case.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

I got the reverse charge cable as well not used yet. I also ordered a slim hard shell case but since adding three tempered glass to the trident case i don't think i will bee using it ever. Got the green and white router/naz/battery on the go/media and dlna box will post as i use it.
    I got my HAM2 case about 10 days ago, like most cases on Amazon, it shipped from China. It's real leather and very nice. I found that the belt loop case that I ordered, which is made for the Samsung Mega 6.3 in a protective case, fits very well with my HAM2 case now on. I've included some photos and links to the products. I hadn't realized how dirty my phone was until I was uploading the photos. I do wipe finger prints off several times a day, but it's impossible to keep the screen finger print free. I have to say, I love this phone more the longer I use it.

410079313.jpg

410079312.jpg

410079310.jpg

410079296.jpg

410079309.jpg

Here are links to these if you're interested, I got both off Amazon (as well as my HAM2).

http://www.amazon.com/DIYLooks-Sheepskin-Texture-Mobile-Leather/dp/B00KD1HYAU/ref=sr_1_24?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1411511686&sr=1-24&keywords=Huawei+Mate+2+leather+case

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...=1-2&keywords=samsung+mega+6.3+belt+loop+case