Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post your case or accessories that you bought here.

Tip us?

DRAGWAV
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Trident case removal and thoughts.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Pop each of the six dot points then upper right clip as you are facing the phone then counter clockwise each additional clip will pop free with very little effort. Integrity of the case is affected quickly with very few removals. I have only removed and re attached a handful of times and did a 4 to 5 foot drop test that caused complete case seperation luckily it only separated if the phone had tumbled it would have received some battle scars for sure but would have survived since case does take the initial impact very well.

rjan22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGWAV View Post
Trident case removal and thoughts.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Pop each of the six dot points then upper right clip as you are facing the phone then counter clockwise each additional clip will pop free with very little effort. Integrity of the case is affected quickly with very few removals. I have only removed and re attached a handful of times and did a 4 to 5 foot drop test that caused complete case seperation luckily it only separated if the phone had tumbled it would have received some battle scars for sure but would have survived since case does take the initial impact very well.
Remove it and sand paper those locks circular humps a little bit.

DRAGWAV
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Removed the built in screen protector and added a tempered glass one directly to the phone and re attached the case. The case is absolutely perfectly snug now and much impressed with the look feel and added protection of the tempered glass.

ScoobSTi
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Removed the built in screen protector and added a tempered glass one directly to the phone and re attached the case. The case is absolutely perfectly snug now and much impressed with the look feel and added protection of the tempered glass.
Hi, could you please give the link to this screen protector? It seems to be very popular! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app

DRAGWAV
Old
Thanks Meter 2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KDD...332200_TE_item

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

FYI - for best installation of the tempered glass screen protector i took the advice of someone that had installed it already. Take phone and package for screen protector into the bathroom turn on faucet and shower warm or at least hot enough to build up steam. Screen protector comes with microfiber cloth and alcohol swab to prepare the phone for installation. Pull three tab for the adhesive side hover over phone and align screen protector slowly bring it to the phone and once it touches tap in the center once and three screen will within seconds attach to all 4 corners. If its not perfect no worries. bubbles and aligned perfectly by the next day by the trident case.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

I got the reverse charge cable as well not used yet. I also ordered a slim hard shell case but since adding three tempered glass to the trident case i don't think i will bee using it ever. Got the green and white router/naz/battery on the go/media and dlna box will post as i use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGWAV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rjan22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
can you post a picture of it?
Tags
ascend mate, huawei, mate