B321 OTA out

Search This thread

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville
Maybe it's just me, but we don't seem to be communicating. As I just said, I did NOT root B309. Nor 320 or 321. No twrp with Lollipop, ever.

Are you still saying that I need to go back to 309?

Yes. That is when issues started. If you didn't have twrp or anything it maye have occurred during the update. They made significant changes after 309. Selinux included. Just to make sure as soon as 309 boota format SD in settings. If it has persisted through two updates it will likely carry over every time. 320 to 321 did not touch SD. It should have done it the first update but something obviously went wrong.

Last edited:

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville
Am I the only one encountering some serious problems with SD card access? They were introduced in B320 and persist in B321.

Was your device a stock Mate 2 or one that was converted? And what firmware was on it when it was updated to L? Only other person posting here about SD card issues had twrp. And it was converted. Was solved by going back to 309 then reupdating. Can't remember who it was now.

Last edited:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a bit. I downloaded the 309 update to play with. My phone is rooted, but otherwise stock. No TWRP, used towelroot to root my phone when I got it. Didn't see any point in custom recovery because I don't have time for custom roms. Is root not possible on lollipop except through twrp? If I install 309 on my rooted, but otherwise stock LT203 Ascend Mate 2, will it work properly? Sorry for so many questions, just don't want to screw it up. This has been a surprisingly good phone.

drrobo

Jan 5, 2015
So is there any fix for getting the launcher to stick on any lollipop update? Nova still won't stick after reboot for me, on B309, 320 or 321. I read that it could be solved by going into nova settings and selecting it as default through that, or rebooting without exiting from the launcher default select screen, but neither has worked for me. Am on B321 and its now the only thing wrong with my Ham2!

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville
So is there any fix for getting the launcher to stick on any lollipop update? Nova still won't stick after reboot for me, on B309, 320 or 321. I read that it could be solved by going into nova settings and selecting it as default through that, or rebooting without exiting from the launcher default select screen, but neither has worked for me. Am on B321 and its now the only thing wrong with my Ham2!

If you only have one extra launcher it should stick with 321. To to apps. Manage apps. Select launcher and change it to nova. Default app settings is at the bottom.

blyoung2

Apr 9, 2007
Fort Worth

Doing what Moody66 suggested above and rebooting before backing out of the Launcher options page has worked for me since B309.

Last edited:

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I'm a little late to the game, but where is this b 321 ota update?
I'm on b309 right now with twrp. Was there a zip file created for twrp?

Last edited:

bollyfan2005

Feb 6, 2008
Does anybody have B321 file so that I can update. I registered my mobile IMEI number but I am not getting OTA update.

xordos

Dec 4, 2010

In the index page, there is b320 update package, after local update to b320, you should be able to ota b321. But, check the original development subforum, CM12 is out and working super great!

Reactions: tdamocles

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
In the index page, there is b320 update package, after local update to b320, you should be able to ota b321. But, check the original development subforum, CM12 is out and working super great!
Unfroze frozen apps, had to flash the stock recovery. I didn't have to unroot to update. The updater isn't showing the b321 update. I guess I have to register my Imei.
Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RobbH

May 30, 2011
Was your device a stock Mate 2 or one that was converted? And what firmware was on it when it was updated to L? Only other person posting here about SD card issues had twrp. And it was converted. Was solved by going back to 309 then reupdating. Can't remember who it was now.

Sorry, I've been distracted for several days and left this on a back burner. My Mate 2 is stock, bought from Amazon. It was running B148. I think I finally managed to understand what you've been telling me: go back to the last version without SD card issues, and then try the upgrade path again. Simple enough, and I don't know why it was difficult for me to grasp.

However, my reference to "SD card issues" was vague. I haven't seen any other reports of the issues I'm experiencing, if they are issues. At this point, I'm going to hold back and try to get a better sense of what's the expected behavior.

Thanks for all your advice.

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville
Sorry, I've been distracted for several days and left this on a back burner. My Mate 2 is stock, bought from Amazon. It was running B148. I think I finally managed to understand what you've been telling me: go back to the last version without SD card issues, and then try the upgrade path again. Simple enough, and I don't know why it was difficult for me to grasp.

However, my reference to "SD card issues" was vague. I haven't seen any other reports of the issues I'm experiencing, if they are issues. At this point, I'm going to hold back and try to get a better sense of what's the expected behavior.

Thanks for all your advice.

All good. We have CM now as well. If you want to try your mate2 as a stock Android. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what new on the b321 updated

It's very stable. Lots of things are now fixed. Getting 3rd party launcher to stick after reboot is now working. Actually, I have been using it as my daily driver for several days. Not even rebooted since install. This may be released to public, at least as the next preview.
    Overnight. If I power it off it turns itself right back on. Still stuck on splash screen...can't get to fastboot or recovery. Boo.

You have to put b320 or 309 update on the root of your sd card in folder named dload. do the three finger reset ( vol + vol- and PWR ) it will then install b320.
    My guess is that you were still rooted when you updated, you have to be stock.
    I finally have b321 installed and am rerooted and reTWRPed thanks to Davinci50. Hope it's worth it.

No Problem, Glad I was able to be "Helpful".
    My phone is stock. Nothing added and no root. The issues are apparent and have been reported by other users, so the issues I have posted are NOT user error. A number of them have been confirmed as being fixed in the next release. 321 won't be the next release to the general public.

I got the 321 notification a few days ago, but held off after you reported the issue on Huwaei's site. I'm completely stock, have been since I bought it.