FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Mt2-l03 bootloader code

23rd January 2015, 07:34 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
- mobile@huawei.com you'll have to submit the details to this email address
- Enter the Serial number (16 digitals) and IMEI straight from the box
- You'll have to provide the product ID by typing this on your phone *#*#1357946#*#*

------------------------------------------------------------
Subject line: Unlock Bootloader Code - Huawei Mate 2 MT2-L03

Serial number:
IMEI:
Product ID:
Model: MT2-L03

If you can please provide the unlock bootloader code for my phone.

Thank you,
The Following User Says Thank You to scented For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
23rd January 2015, 05:13 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks for the unlock code tips.
I do have a newbie question though how does having an unlocked boot device help?
What added control or access, do we get by unlocking it? Please advise.
Thanks
23rd January 2015, 09:32 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by resansid

Thanks for the unlock code tips.
I do have a newbie question though how does having an unlocked boot device help?
What added control or access, do we get by unlocking it? Please advise.
Thanks

In order to install a custom ROM, you must first unlock your bootloader. There is a version of CM11 in development for the HAM2 that everyone is waiting for with baited breath. If you unlock your bootloader now, you will be able to install this custom CM11 ROM once it is released.
23rd January 2015, 09:42 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagzagel

In order to install a custom ROM, you must first unlock your bootloader. There is a version of CM11 in development for the HAM2 that everyone is waiting for with baited breath. If you unlock your bootloader now, you will be able to install this custom CM11 ROM once it is released.

Thanks for clarification. Is the available custom ROM still on 4.3 or KItkat or Lollypop?
Also does the device have to be boot unlocked if I have a consumer cellular version and want to flash the factory unlocked flash on it?
23rd January 2015, 10:04 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by resansid

Thanks for clarification. Is the available custom ROM still on 4.3 or KItkat or Lollypop?
Also does the device have to be boot unlocked if I have a consumer cellular version and want to flash the factory unlocked flash on it?

CM11 is based on Kit Kat 4.4. There should be a CM12 ROM later on, which is based on Lollipop 5.0. You must have root access and an unlocked bootloader to install any custom ROM, regardless of where you purchased the phone.
25th January 2015, 02:08 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm not sure who was the first to post the information about emailing Huawei and getting an unlock code. Who ever it was, thank you. It was an extremely easy process. I emailed them my IMEI and S/N, and i got an email back with my unlock code the next day.

This forum is great

Also thank you to whomever is working on the CM 11 and CM 12 roms.

Can't wait to fool around with new roms, even though the stock rom is actually incredibly stable, and smooth, and i pretty much have no complaints about it.
25th January 2015, 11:50 PM |#7  
ScoobSTi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC, New York
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRomROM

Also thank you to whomever is working on the CM 11 and CM 12 roms.

Can't wait to fool around with new roms, even though the stock rom is actually incredibly stable, and smooth, and i pretty much have no complaints about it.

You can check this G+ post to see some updates on the status of CM11/12 for our phone. He doesn't really post that much, but hey, the wait will be worth it!
Last edited by ScoobSTi; 25th January 2015 at 11:52 PM.
27th January 2015, 02:35 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobSTi

You can check...... to see some updates on the status of CM11/12 for our phone. He doesn't really post that much, but hey, the wait will be worth it!

Nice, thanks for the link !
21st February 2015, 03:30 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
unlocked bootloader
I have sent several emails to Huawei and have yet to get any responses from them. its been well over a month now any help as to how i could fast track this process?
21st February 2015, 04:04 AM |#10  
ScoobSTi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC, New York
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt6666

I have sent several emails to Huawei and have yet to get any responses from them. its been well over a month now any help as to how i could fast track this process?

Some tips from other users have been to send it around the evening EST (if you're in America at least) and just keep doing it until they reply.

It sucks that you have to email them but at least they do give out the codes.

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Ascend Mate 2 General by ThreadRank