Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Is There a Possibility of Longevity for the HAM2?

20th February 2015, 09:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
I just got done reading the 1+1 vs HAM2 and it confirmed that the screen size and resolution and specs is solid deal with this phone. I am coming from a SGH-i727.

But I am still worried about the longevity of the HAM2 and it's community. I fear we won't get any roms or only a few will come and that will be it and then it will die off. Am I wrong for believing this? It's been almost a year since this device was release and Huawei hasn't release anything and we only have one really good developer working on Kitkat, good bless you. But other than that, that's it.

Carrier wise, I don't see much for Byo Wireless and this device, but I assume it will work because they are based on verizon's network and that's supported with them. I am currently on At&t but I will probably be leaving for the above mentioned carrier. Has anyone used them before with this phone?

The large screen, unlocked phone, and a great community with lots of roms is a big deal to me. Is the HAM2 the right choice for me? Thanks for all future replies.
21st February 2015, 02:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
I own both 1+1 64 GB and HAM MT2L03. Both the devices are fabulous in their class and honestly I will not be able to pick one over the other.

For battery life, HAM beats OPO hands down. So if that is important, go for it.

On all other areas they are close contenders. I have the same apps loaded on both and they run as well as each other. Of course. Opo has more ram and a faster CPU.

The stock email app on HAM is very basic. OPO has the kitkat version which supports swipe to delete etc. and I prefer that version.

Other than the stock email app downside, HAM has upsides in terms of great power mgmt app built in and phone cache cleaner etc. that are so best in class.

I find these more important than the Android version on HAM. So while it would be nice to get lollipop sometime, the phone is very much functional without it. Go ahead and get one!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avsroy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2015, 03:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

53 posts
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread. I am just worried we won't get any custom roms at all, but dang, HAM2 seems so amazing. The screen size alone is one of the best features of this extremely mid-range phone. The battery life is really nice as well. This means a lot coming from someone that owns GS2, which eats up batteries for snacks.

Where would you recommend getting one? I think, Amazon is the best best. I haven't read great things about WalMarts' or Targets' cheaper version.
http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Mate-Fa..._cd_ql_qh_dp_t
21st February 2015, 07:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag NYC, New York
Thanks Meter: 86

367 posts
More
We've got a few developers working on bringing KK and L to our phone. Huawei has said we will get a Huawei version of Lollipop, though that is still yet to come. If it ever will. We also have another developer who brought TWRP to our phone, and our phone is even officially supported by them.

It's not much, but it's still much better than where we were a few months ago. It can only get better.
22nd February 2015, 12:32 AM   |  #5  

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobSTi

We've got a few developers working on bringing KK and L to our phone. Huawei has said we will get a Huawei version of Lollipop, though that is still yet to come. If it ever will. We also have another developer who brought TWRP to our phone, and our phone is even officially supported by them.

It's not much, but it's still much better than where we were a few months ago. It can only get better.

I talked to one of Huawei's customer care workers yesterday about the release date for Lollipop update. As usual he didn't commit himself. He said first half of 2015! At least they haven't reneged on their promise.
22nd February 2015, 12:51 AM   |  #6  
Flag NYC, New York

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt

I talked to one of Huawei's customer care workers yesterday about the release date for Lollipop update. As usual he didn't commit himself. He said first half of 2015! At least they haven't reneged on their promise.

Well we're already almost halfway through the "first half of 2015". Hopefully we get some news soon.

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd February 2015, 07:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

53 posts
I have already bought the phone and a case, because of everyone's great advice. I may get another cxase though. But I have no faith in Huawei's support team getting us our updates. We were suppose to get KK and that never came even though they made the promise when the phone was release. Our awesome devs will come through though! Do you have their G+ or other social media outlets?

We should pool together to support their time and effort. We could do this by a new thread and gathering important information and support for them and linking to their paypale. I believe this within the forum's rules as individuals can leave a donate link at the end of their postings. It will help out the whole Ham2 community. What is everyone's thoughts on this idea?
The Following User Says Thank You to lowao For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2015, 11:07 AM   |  #8  

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowao

We should pool together to support their time and effort. We could do this by a new thread and gathering important information and support for them and linking to their paypal. I believe this within the forum's rules as individuals can leave a donate link at the end of their postings. It will help out the whole Ham2 community. What is everyone's thoughts on this idea?

This is the developer's G+ page [https://plus.google.com/app/basic/+TomMarshall/]. He has explicitly stated that his work is courtesy of cyanogen, so he doesn't take donations.
22nd February 2015, 04:52 PM   |  #9  
Flag NYC, New York

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt

This is the developer's G+ page [https://plus.google.com/app/basic/+TomMarshall/]. He has explicitly stated that his work is courtesy of cyanogen, so he doesn't take donations.

I wanted to donate Google Play credit or something like that but it turns out they don't do that.
23rd February 2015, 04:05 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

53 posts
He deserves it though! Throw us amazon wish page or something similar. Haha! Without this development, our devices might be, and probably will be left behind!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread