FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

What's the difference

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By Harris.S.Newman, Member on 22nd June 2015, 08:04 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
What's the difference between a mt2l03 and a consumer cellular ascend mate 2? I guess I'm asking why the cc won't take the beta images...

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app

23rd June 2015, 03:56 PM |#2  
Flag York, Pa
Thanks Meter: 625

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris.S.Newman

What's the difference between a mt2l03 and a consumer cellular ascend mate 2? I guess I'm asking why the cc won't take the beta images...

https://www.google.com/search?q=What...m=122&ie=UTF-8
23rd June 2015, 04:31 PM |#3  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Red face Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtyson

https://www.google.com/search?q=What...m=122&ie=UTF-8

I never knew of that search site! Thanks much for posting that search, it was so helpful!
23rd June 2015, 11:58 PM |#4  
Flag York, Pa

More
Quote:

I never knew of that search site! Thanks much for posting that search, it was so helpful!

Well, spoon feeding is frowned upon on XDA. Get with the big boys and do some work on your own first.

Maybe this will help get you started. http://forum.xda-developers.com/asce...riant-t2888615
Last edited by kimtyson; 24th June 2015 at 12:01 AM.
24th June 2015, 07:22 PM |#5  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
I've read all of the information about CC vs MT2L03, but don't understand if the hardware is IDENTICAL between the two devices why we can't simply image the CC as a MT2L03.

24th June 2015, 08:03 PM |#6  
Flag York, Pa

More
Quote:

I've read all of the information about CC vs MT2L03, but don't understand if the hardware is IDENTICAL between the two devices why we can't simply image the CC as a MT2L03.

Maybe ask in the thread I linked to. There are more CC folks in there. I actually don't know the answer. I believe the CC stock rom is different from the Huawei stock rom. That means you have to go through different contortions to get the stock Huawei rom onto the CC. It can be done, though.
The beta test rom is made for the Huawei rom. To install the test you need to be at stock. I believe that is why it won't work. I am too lazy to do the research, though, because I don't have a CC and I really don't care.
24th June 2015, 09:10 PM |#7  
Flag Uhrichsville
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:

They are the same. The CC version has a rom that has been slightly modified for CC. There is a post in the dev section for turning your cc into a stock mate two.
25th June 2015, 12:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody66

They are the same. The CC version has a rom that has been slightly modified for CC. There is a post in the dev section for turning your cc into a stock mate two.

. . . and I am a living testament to that. I converted my CC into stock version 148 3+ months ago. As far as I can tell, I'm on stock and I specifically installed the stock rom just so that I'd be in the position to try L as it gets released. But we all know what happened .
The Following User Says Thank You to medwatt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2015, 04:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It have a w.e they call it cc partition that have slightly different info compare to stock mate2. That prevent you from using stock mate2 updates and what not.

Sent from my 306SH
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)