Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Mate 2 Consumer Cellular, will it work on T Mobile

OP bkkcnxsi

3rd October 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I was wondering if the Consumer cellular Mate 2 would work on T Mobile, especially at there LTE speeds? Or would I be safer just getting the $300 unlocked version? Thanks. I must say I am tempted to wait and get the Mate 7 but it looks like it will be twice the cost or more.
3rd October 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 24

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkcnxsi

I was wondering if the Consumer cellular Mate 2 would work on T Mobile, especially at there LTE speeds? Or would I be safer just getting the $300 unlocked version? Thanks. I must say I am tempted to wait and get the Mate 7 but it looks like it will be twice the cost or more.

Yep works perfect. I am using it on tmobile now

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thejx5

but you will have to unlock it like i had to do
6th October 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tacoma, Wa
Thanks Meter: 60

219 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thejx5

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

but you will have to unlock it like i had to do

I was interested in picking up this version myself for the savings over the unlocked one. I was reading in a different thread someone unlocked the phone using an app from the play store, costs 12 bucks or something?

I was also reading the model # is exactly the same as the unlocked one, and besides being carrier locked it has some extra bloatware, but that can be fixed by flashing the unlocked models firmware. The model is exactly the same and the firmware will flash no problem from what I've read
6th October 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 24

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefire77

I was interested in picking up this version myself for the savings over the unlocked one. I was reading in a different thread someone unlocked the phone using an app from the play store, costs 12 bucks or something?

I was also reading the model # is exactly the same as the unlocked one, and besides being carrier locked it has some extra bloatware, but that can be fixed by flashing the unlocked models firmware. The model is exactly the same and the firmware will flash no problem from what I've read

Yea that was me who said it lol. I am using the firmware without issue
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread