Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 39,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What a Great Phone!

Tip us?

mke1973
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default What a Great Phone!

My HAM2 arrived yesterday and all I can say is that it's an extremely nice phone. I don't see why everyone says it a behemoth. I don't think it's that big. It fits in my hand nicely. In fact, my Moto G now feels like a toy phone in size. Like some others here have said before me, I'm not going back to a small phone again. I can actually read the screen comfortably. I still have apps to move on to it, but it's mostly set up. Pairs up well with my bluetooth devices. I hope we can get a developer interested in root. As I expected, most of my programs don't have the option to be moved to the SD card. Root will be lovely. I love my HAM2.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mke1973 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D33PTHAWTE
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You are going to live the battery life as well, it's amazing. I've made upwards of 90 hours on one charge!!! There is no other phone out there that can compete with that.

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to D33PTHAWTE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BBCHAMPs
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Hehe cant wait to see this phone in action

hotjulia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet in love with a phone I can't even pronounce its brand... lol

Still, dreamy, and my selfies have never look more beautiful!!!!

Kid_Ding
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
I get mine Monday; I can't wait!
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-i9200//Class 10 SanDisk 32GB Mobile Ultra microSDHC
Retired>>LGp769/Cube U30GT/MPx200/Wizard/Excalibur/G1/HD2/MT3G Slide/Alps i7100
techpyro.com | music4no1.com | youtube
The Following User Says Thank You to Kid_Ding For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zagzagel
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I couldn't agree more. The HAM2 is a fantastic phone, and I think it deserves more credit. I change phones quite often, but now I'm finding it hard to move away from the HAM2. It's a little bigger than the Note 3, but I think the HAM2 has better build quality. It just feels more solid in the hand. The battery life is incredible, the performance is smooth, and the 720p resolution is fine for most applications. The EmotionUI is a little wonky, but I use NovaLauncher so I never even see it. I love the way the Phone Manager app cleans up memory/unused files, and warns me when a battery intensive app is running. The other thing I love is the HAM2 gives me the broadest range of compatibility with the PlayStore, whereas I've had to use MarketHelper on other phones simply to install an app. It seems like Huawei focused on the things people really care about with this phone rather than create new features they don't really need.

Huawei just announced the HAM7 at IFA, and it is starting to appear in online stores. The HAM7 is similar in size to the HAM2, but with several improvements, including: metal body, bigger battery, 1080p display, fingerprint ID, etc. The only problem is none of the newly released HAM7 models support LTE bands in the USA, so we can only get 3G/HSPA. I certainly hope Huawei decides to sell the HAM7 with US LTE bands, or something similar to it as a follow up to the release of the MT2-L03 in the US.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zagzagel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]