No registration required

Some Progress in Rooting the HAM2

OP dbmj

19th December 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #341  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter1

I would have kept sending a request. Did it go to a trash folder as spam?

Sent from my LG-D801

I've sent around 8-10 Emails by now...
Even a couple of days ago out of curiosity. I can confirm the Ebay deal.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT2-L05 using XDA Free mobile app
19th December 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #342  
Flag TN
Thanks Meter: 42

602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbass311

so it's confirmed you can get your bootloader unlock code from eBay for $1? if I can get 2 people to confirm this I will add it to the first page of the form in big red letters.

I'm not sure if you can get the bootloader unlock from ebay, never tried.
21st December 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #343  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 15

249 posts
My unlock code from Huawei doesn't work. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this phone (emails not updating with the screen off, keyboard, music apps not playing with the screen off,...) to the point that I've taken to using it only for basic talk and text with primary use being hotspotting to my N7 and chromecast. I like the battery life, size, and it not overheating when tethering (my Note 2 heats up big time!) but it's almost not usable as an actual phone.
21st December 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #344  
Thanks Meter: 193

256 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60626

My unlock code from Huawei doesn't work. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this phone (emails not updating with the screen off, keyboard, music apps not playing with the screen off,...) to the point that I've taken to using it only for basic talk and text with primary use being hotspotting to my N7 and chromecast. I like the battery life, size, and it not overheating when tethering (my Note 2 heats up big time!) but it's almost not usable as an actual phone.

So, the code Huawei provided could not unlock the bootloader? Have you double checked your IMEI info, and what's the error when you unlock the bootloader?

Regarding the notification issue, it can be resolved once you have root. So this is relying on you need first unlock the bootloader.
21st December 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #345  
Quote:

all that can be taken care of without root under protected apps. also my hotspot is almost always on and have no heat issues. maybe you should exchange it under warranty
23rd December 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #346  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 15

249 posts
I've checked it several times, it just doesn't do anything.
I have every app protected, still a problem with music playing. Mine is also always on (not detected as tethering usage on T-Mobile!); the Note heats up, this is fine.
23rd December 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #347  
I'm not talking about app protected I'm talking about wifi always on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419314276573.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	3077683  
24th December 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #348  
Flag NYC, New York
Thanks Meter: 65

307 posts
More
Quote:

Keyboard lag can be fixed by switching to Normal power mode, if that's your problem. I had the same music issue and it disappeared once I unlocked the bootloader, which resets the phone. I read somewhere that resetting the phone gets rid of the music bug.
Today, 02:09 AM   |  #349  
Thanks Meter: 24

391 posts
shoot how are you guys getting your boot-loader unlock codes have email 5 days now with no answer and i juz got the phone like a week ago and really need it rooted

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread