KitKat 4.4.2 for our device?

Search This thread

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
It's for a different model. Our North American version is the "MT2-L03", so no I don't think it will. :(

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
Someone else said it already, but I'm more interested in <b>root</b> than an OS update atm.

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
I don't think anything can ruin the battery life.... [emoji41]

Enviado desde mi MT2-L03 HAM2 ... i'm lovin' it

Certain ROMs can definitely ruin the battery. I had a heavily modified ROM on my old phone and it would only last a few hours!

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
No, i meant ... That in the ham 2 nothing can ruin it..... No Mather what I do I get more than 24 hours of battery.. So I'm guessing even if KK update can only affect something but still it would be great battery life.. Coming from a nexus 5 which battery life sucked compared.to. HAM 2

Enviado desde mi MT2-L03 HAM2 ... i'm lovin' it

TheGeekRedneck

Jun 12, 2011
Kitkat has been proven time and again to be faster, more stable, and have much better battery life when compared to Jelly Bean and all previous versions of Android given the same hardware. So unless Huawei does something to royally screw the pooch a Kitkat build would be fantastic on our device.

Unfortunately we may never get an official KK update for our device - Huawei have moved on to heavily promoting the Ascend Mate 7 and that seems to be where their focus lies. They also seem to have a nasty track record of not providing software updates for their handsets.... so that doesn't bode well.

Now that we've got a bootloader unlock and successful root, I'm hoping we can get some developers on board and will eventually have a few third party ROMs to choose from. A guy can dream, can't he? :D

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
Kitkat has been proven time and again to be faster, more stable, and have much better battery life when compared to Jelly Bean and all previous versions of Android given the same hardware. So unless Huawei does something to royally screw the pooch a Kitkat build would be fantastic on our device.

Unfortunately we may never get an official KK update for our device - Huawei have moved on to heavily promoting the Ascend Mate 7 and that seems to be where their focus lies. They also seem to have a nasty track record of not providing software updates for their handsets.... so that doesn't bode well.

Now that we've got a bootloader unlock and successful root, I'm hoping we can get some developers on board and will eventually have a few third party ROMs to choose from. A guy can dream, can't he? :D

If I knew anything about building ROMs, I'd bring CM11 over in a heartbeat. :(

UrticantOwl

Jan 20, 2012
Kitkat has been proven time and again to be faster, more stable, and have much better battery life when compared to Jelly Bean and all previous versions of Android given the same hardware.

Agreed, I'm still using my original, very old, Kindle Fire - Battery life and performance always somewhat sucked through GB, ICS and JB.
KitKat vastly improved the battery life, memory footprint, and stability of the device for me. I wouldn't be surprised if a KitKat update made the MT2 even better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.