Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sync contacts with Google

Tip us?

janrck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sync contacts with Google

Hi, Im trying to sync my google contatcs with my phone and there is no options in Accounts/google.
Only find one option, export my contacs in Gmail ino vcards and then import these cards with my phone.
Someone knows a solution for this?

mke1973
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrck View Post
Hi, Im trying to sync my google contatcs with my phone and there is no options in Accounts/google.
Only find one option, export my contacs in Gmail ino vcards and then import these cards with my phone.
Someone knows a solution for this?
Once you have set up your Google account(s), click on the account name(s) on the Google accounts screen in "Settings." This will bring up a window that gives you the option to Sync (or not) all aspects of your Google account (app data, browser, calender, contacts, drive, gmail, play books, play movies, play music, play newsstand, google+ and people details). If you want to sync, click the check box. Once you have that info clicked (or unclicked) you can run Sync by clicking on the 3 vertical dots in the bottom right hand corner in the Sync settings screen or one level up at the Google accounts screen. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to mke1973 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

janrck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke1973 View Post
Once you have set up your Google account(s), click on the account name(s) on the Google accounts screen in "Settings." This will bring up a window that gives you the option to Sync (or not) all aspects of your Google account (app data, browser, calender, contacts, drive, gmail, play books, play movies, play music, play newsstand, google+ and people details). If you want to sync, click the check box. Once you have that info clicked (or unclicked) you can run Sync by clicking on the 3 vertical dots in the bottom right hand corner in the Sync settings screen or one level up at the Google accounts screen. Good luck.
I already did this, but in this android version the contact sync does not appear, I took 2 screenshots and you can see my problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rps20140901_001900.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (87.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg rps20140901_001921.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (20.7 KB, 29 views)

mke1973
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
I already did this, but in this android version the contact sync does not appear, I took 2 screenshots and you can see my problem.
I'm not sure why contacts sync is missing under Google accounts on your phone. Like all users outside of China, I'm not running KK. Contact sync shows up on my Gmail account page (the types of sync are listed alphabetically and contacts, as you'd expect, shows up right under calendar). Maybe someone else has some ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to mke1973 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scpion
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Yours is not a US version? I think the China versions does not come with Gapps. Only the playstore that can be sideloaded. I am from the original ham section and I flashed a China rom and that's what happened. There's no calender or contacts sync adapter installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to scpion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

janrck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpion View Post
Yours is not a US version? I think the China versions does not come with Gapps. Only the playstore that can be sideloaded. I am from the original ham section and I flashed a China rom and that's what happened. There's no calender or contacts sync adapter installed.
My phone is from China, and it have preinstaled gapps but the option to sync contacs is missing...

scpion
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
My phone is from China, and it have preinstaled gapps but the option to sync contacs is missing...
They just need to install playstore and the rest of the gapps can be downloaded from there. But minus the contact sync.