Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Sync contacts with Google

OP janrck

31st August 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Hi, Im trying to sync my google contatcs with my phone and there is no options in Accounts/google.
Only find one option, export my contacs in Gmail ino vcards and then import these cards with my phone.
Someone knows a solution for this?
31st August 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrck

Hi, Im trying to sync my google contatcs with my phone and there is no options in Accounts/google.
Only find one option, export my contacs in Gmail ino vcards and then import these cards with my phone.
Someone knows a solution for this?

Once you have set up your Google account(s), click on the account name(s) on the Google accounts screen in "Settings." This will bring up a window that gives you the option to Sync (or not) all aspects of your Google account (app data, browser, calender, contacts, drive, gmail, play books, play movies, play music, play newsstand, google+ and people details). If you want to sync, click the check box. Once you have that info clicked (or unclicked) you can run Sync by clicking on the 3 vertical dots in the bottom right hand corner in the Sync settings screen or one level up at the Google accounts screen. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to mke1973 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke1973

Once you have set up your Google account(s), click on the account name(s) on the Google accounts screen in "Settings." This will bring up a window that gives you the option to Sync (or not) all aspects of your Google account (app data, browser, calender, contacts, drive, gmail, play books, play movies, play music, play newsstand, google+ and people details). If you want to sync, click the check box. Once you have that info clicked (or unclicked) you can run Sync by clicking on the 3 vertical dots in the bottom right hand corner in the Sync settings screen or one level up at the Google accounts screen. Good luck.

I already did this, but in this android version the contact sync does not appear, I took 2 screenshots and you can see my problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rps20140901_001900.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (87.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg rps20140901_001921.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (20.7 KB, 52 views)
1st September 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrck

I already did this, but in this android version the contact sync does not appear, I took 2 screenshots and you can see my problem.

I'm not sure why contacts sync is missing under Google accounts on your phone. Like all users outside of China, I'm not running KK. Contact sync shows up on my Gmail account page (the types of sync are listed alphabetically and contacts, as you'd expect, shows up right under calendar). Maybe someone else has some ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to mke1973 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
360 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Yours is not a US version? I think the China versions does not come with Gapps. Only the playstore that can be sideloaded. I am from the original ham section and I flashed a China rom and that's what happened. There's no calender or contacts sync adapter installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to scpion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpion

Yours is not a US version? I think the China versions does not come with Gapps. Only the playstore that can be sideloaded. I am from the original ham section and I flashed a China rom and that's what happened. There's no calender or contacts sync adapter installed.

My phone is from China, and it have preinstaled gapps but the option to sync contacs is missing...
7th September 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
360 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrck

My phone is from China, and it have preinstaled gapps but the option to sync contacs is missing...

They just need to install playstore and the rest of the gapps can be downloaded from there. But minus the contact sync.
26th September 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpion

They just need to install playstore and the rest of the gapps can be downloaded from there. But minus the contact sync.

my friend,

i've 2xMate2 4G - MT2-L01 and MT2-L05.

I had the same issue on both phones... to fix it is quiet simple.
if you are on the last version (b408 kitkat 4.4.2), just need to manually install one APK called "GoogleContactSyncAdapter.apk". (attached file)

if you are using any other version, download the lastest gapps package for your version, unzip, find this apk inside unziped folder/system/app, and direct run this APK.

after that, you will have the CONTACTS SYNC option enabled again.
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk - [Click for QR Code] (617.9 KB, 45 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thyago-facchinetti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Thanks a lot, I tried with your app and didnt work, but I tried to search on google "Googlecontactsyncadaptet.apk" and worked perfect!
Really gratefull, it was a serius isseu of this phone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes