Ask a question

No registration required

We need one real update...

OP gkm8123

9th July 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

258 posts
Hallo i watch all this roms... They are all 4.2.2. In the sort time adroid L its out... And i have the big question when we have one real update ??? I have this phone 9 months until now i live in eu
9th July 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 61

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkm8123

Hallo i watch all this roms... They are all 4.2.2. In the sort time adroid L its out... And i have the big question when we have one real update ??? I have this phone 9 months until now i live in eu

100% agree but unfortunately duo to mate 2 is out they have no plan to update mate1 to 4.3 or 4.4
i really think ham is good phablet and deserve better support from manufacturer.
9th July 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #3  
Flag musselkanaal
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazi_v

100% agree but unfortunately duo to mate 2 is out they have no plan to update mate1 to 4.3 or 4.4
i really think ham is good phablet and deserve better support from manufacturer.

This kind of support let me turn away from Huawei. A pitty. But i want decent support. A phone schould get 2 year regular updates. Thats wat a customer deserves
The Following User Says Thank You to henk_j For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 30

11 posts
Prompt
Well you'll have to dive deeply into it to do the job of building a custom Android ROM. I just downloaded the kernel sources from the official JB (4.1) release, but I'm not sure how far I can get with that. Some experienced devs here posted that they would need Huawei's sources for KitKat to build a KitKat ROM, but I also have an Ascend P1 and I'm running a custom KitKat CyanogenMod build from the forums here although Huawei only released ICS (4.0) Kernel sources. I will have a try with a custom cross compiling toolchain of mine that I use for my Radxa Rock, but it's quite generic. I'll let you know how far I could get if at all.

Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #5  

11 posts
The kernel build was successful, but I've simply used Google's latest toolchain (arm-linux-androideabi-4.6-android-4.4.4_r1). I'm now syncing the most recent Android repo, that will take some time. I will try to set everything up to start compiling tomorrow morning or something...

Just in case you want to build the kernel yourself as well: There is an indentation issue in one of Huawei's Makefiles for the touchscreen, you'll see an error message about it if you run the first make according to the README_kernel.txt. You can just add tabs and your file should look like this:

[drivers/huawei/device/touchscreen_Mate/Makefile]
Code:
#
# Makefile for the touchscreen drivers.
#

# Each configuration option enables a list of files.

obj-y   += synaptics_i2c_rmi.o
obj-y   += rmi_dev_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_f54_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_fw_update_6.o

all:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) clean
Last edited by CyReVolt; 9th July 2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: addendum
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #6  
Flag musselkanaal
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyReVolt

The kernel build was successful, but I've simply used Google's latest toolchain (arm-linux-androideabi-4.6-android-4.4.4_r1). I'm now syncing the most recent Android repo, that will take some time. I will try to set everything up to start compiling tomorrow morning or something...

Just in case you want to build the kernel yourself as well: There is an indentation issue in one of Huawei's Makefiles for the touchscreen, you'll see an error message about it if you run the first make according to the README_kernel.txt. You can just add tabs and your file should look like this:

[drivers/huawei/device/touchscreen_Mate/Makefile]

Code:
#
# Makefile for the touchscreen drivers.
#

# Each configuration option enables a list of files.

obj-y   += synaptics_i2c_rmi.o
obj-y   += rmi_dev_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_f54_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_fw_update_6.o

all:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) clean

A kitkat kernel that would make you in my opinion almost immortal for Mate users
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to henk_j For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #7  

11 posts
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk_j

A kitkat kernel that would make you in my opinion almost immortal for Mate users

We'll see, I'm still learning about the stuff, but the chances look quite fair. I've set up the rest of the environment and the build is running now. But I guess it will take some more hours. I usually need about 3.5 hours to build chrome, firefox or libreoffice. AOSP should be similar. I'll see how far it got today evening/night. But for now it looks good, I'm running with -j4 as recommended. ^^
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #8  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 54

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyReVolt

We'll see, I'm still learning about the stuff, but the chances look quite fair. I've set up the rest of the environment and the build is running now. But I guess it will take some more hours. I usually need about 3.5 hours to build chrome, firefox or libreoffice. AOSP should be similar. I'll see how far it got today evening/night. But for now it looks good, I'm running with -j4 as recommended. ^^

if you have more cores processor why dont increase the thread value so that build process will complete more quickly
The Following User Says Thank You to svvv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #9  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svvv

if you have more cores processor why dont increase the thread value so that build process will complete more quickly

I have 2 cores, so 4 is quite fine. The next option would have been 16.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

258 posts
Take your time! we need more developers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread