Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

We need one real update...

Tip us?
 
gkm8123
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 251
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default We need one real update...

Hallo i watch all this roms... They are all 4.2.2. In the sort time adroid L its out... And i have the big question when we have one real update ??? I have this phone 9 months until now i live in eu
 
mazi_v
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 87
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkm8123 View Post
Hallo i watch all this roms... They are all 4.2.2. In the sort time adroid L its out... And i have the big question when we have one real update ??? I have this phone 9 months until now i live in eu
100% agree but unfortunately duo to mate 2 is out they have no plan to update mate1 to 4.3 or 4.4
i really think ham is good phablet and deserve better support from manufacturer.
 
henk_j
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: musselkanaal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazi_v View Post
100% agree but unfortunately duo to mate 2 is out they have no plan to update mate1 to 4.3 or 4.4
i really think ham is good phablet and deserve better support from manufacturer.
This kind of support let me turn away from Huawei. A pitty. But i want decent support. A phone schould get 2 year regular updates. Thats wat a customer deserves
The Following User Says Thank You to henk_j For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CyReVolt
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2008
Well you'll have to dive deeply into it to do the job of building a custom Android ROM. I just downloaded the kernel sources from the official JB (4.1) release, but I'm not sure how far I can get with that. Some experienced devs here posted that they would need Huawei's sources for KitKat to build a KitKat ROM, but I also have an Ascend P1 and I'm running a custom KitKat CyanogenMod build from the forums here although Huawei only released ICS (4.0) Kernel sources. I will have a try with a custom cross compiling toolchain of mine that I use for my Radxa Rock, but it's quite generic. I'll let you know how far I could get if at all.

Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CyReVolt
Old
(Last edited by CyReVolt; 9th July 2014 at 10:39 PM.) Reason: addendum
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2008
The kernel build was successful, but I've simply used Google's latest toolchain (arm-linux-androideabi-4.6-android-4.4.4_r1). I'm now syncing the most recent Android repo, that will take some time. I will try to set everything up to start compiling tomorrow morning or something...

Just in case you want to build the kernel yourself as well: There is an indentation issue in one of Huawei's Makefiles for the touchscreen, you'll see an error message about it if you run the first make according to the README_kernel.txt. You can just add tabs and your file should look like this:

[drivers/huawei/device/touchscreen_Mate/Makefile]
Code:
#
# Makefile for the touchscreen drivers.
#

# Each configuration option enables a list of files.



obj-y   += synaptics_i2c_rmi.o
obj-y   += rmi_dev_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_f54_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_fw_update_6.o

all:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) clean
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
henk_j
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: musselkanaal
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyReVolt View Post
The kernel build was successful, but I've simply used Google's latest toolchain (arm-linux-androideabi-4.6-android-4.4.4_r1). I'm now syncing the most recent Android repo, that will take some time. I will try to set everything up to start compiling tomorrow morning or something...

Just in case you want to build the kernel yourself as well: There is an indentation issue in one of Huawei's Makefiles for the touchscreen, you'll see an error message about it if you run the first make according to the README_kernel.txt. You can just add tabs and your file should look like this:

[drivers/huawei/device/touchscreen_Mate/Makefile]
Code:
#
# Makefile for the touchscreen drivers.
#

# Each configuration option enables a list of files.



obj-y   += synaptics_i2c_rmi.o
obj-y   += rmi_dev_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_f54_6.o
obj-y   += rmi_fw_update_6.o

all:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
        make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) clean
A kitkat kernel that would make you in my opinion almost immortal for Mate users
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to henk_j For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CyReVolt
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk_j View Post
A kitkat kernel that would make you in my opinion almost immortal for Mate users
We'll see, I'm still learning about the stuff, but the chances look quite fair. I've set up the rest of the environment and the build is running now. But I guess it will take some more hours. I usually need about 3.5 hours to build chrome, firefox or libreoffice. AOSP should be similar. I'll see how far it got today evening/night. But for now it looks good, I'm running with -j4 as recommended. ^^
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
svvv
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 152
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyReVolt View Post
We'll see, I'm still learning about the stuff, but the chances look quite fair. I've set up the rest of the environment and the build is running now. But I guess it will take some more hours. I usually need about 3.5 hours to build chrome, firefox or libreoffice. AOSP should be similar. I'll see how far it got today evening/night. But for now it looks good, I'm running with -j4 as recommended. ^^
if you have more cores processor why dont increase the thread value so that build process will complete more quickly
The Following User Says Thank You to svvv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CyReVolt
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by svvv View Post
if you have more cores processor why dont increase the thread value so that build process will complete more quickly
I have 2 cores, so 4 is quite fine. The next option would have been 16.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyReVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gkm8123
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 251
Join Date: Feb 2010
Take your time! we need more developers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes