First off we'll start with the basics...
I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong. If your phone turns into a beautiful and useless brick. The procedures described below have been tested by me since several years ago and never had an issue, never the less remeber YOU ARE DOING THIS BY YOURSELF AND TO YOUR PHONE, NOT ME.
You need the Following:
- Huawei Ascend P6
- Your phone needs to be on either KitKat Beta, B118CN or B120CN
- Drivers for the Phone Installed
- Huawei PC Suite installed (This is only to have the Fastboot driver that comes along with it)
- abd&fastboot.zip (attached to this post)
- USB Debuggin Option enabled in "Developer Options"
- Gutts to play along with your phone internals...
Assuming your phone boots just fine and it is being recognized by the computer go to the place where you have decompressed the adb&fastboot.zip file.
Pressing both "Shift Key" + Right click should bring a menu like this:
Click on "Open command window here"
You should see a CMD window pop up in front of you, now the fun will begin:
1.- Connect your phone to the PC and then type in the Command Window:
adb reboot bootloader
5.- Here we can erase or flash anything we want to the phone you be extremely careful with what you are doing.... To flash kernel and recovery we can do as follows:
Flashing a Kernel: fastboot flash boot boot.img
Flashing TWRP Recovery: fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp.img
Flashing Stock Recovery: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Now just do:
adb reboot recovery
- For all of this to work your Phone needs to be on either latest KitKat Beta, B118 or B120 CN firmwares. International firmwares do not support flashing custom kernels or recoveries.
- If you are flashing a Kernel make sure the kernel is named as "boot.img"
- If you are flashing TWRP recovery name it as "recovery-twrp.img"
- If you are flashing stock recovery name it as "recovery.img"
- Any file you are flashing (either kernel or recovery) must be placed inside the folder abd&fastboot
I'll create another Post or Thread with information and usage of each TWRP item....
More to come...